Part 13

"The water is being channeled towards the gate, so let's follow the aqueducts." Chloe states.

"Copy that. I'll take point." Nadine says.

They follow down the path, past the running water and climb the wall. Once on top, they swing across over the waves.

"So they flooded their city to protect their secrets." (Y/N) frowns.

"You two think the soldiers knew they were being used as decoys?" Nadine asks, but the end of the sentence is quiet. Two insurgents stand at the edge of the cliff and the trio duck in the bushes.

"Chloe take left. Nadine right." (Y/N) whispers and Chloe looks back at her. "Whilst you kick back and do nothing? No, I -" She's cut off by the sound of shuffling and looks back to find Nadine kicking the right off and finishing the left.

"Well, that works." (Y/N) shrugs, standing up.

"Probably more where that came from." Nadine states as Chloe shakes her head at (Y/N). She rolls her eyes and hangs up on the ledge, knocking out and pulling down the man above her and then climbing up.

"See? Sorted." She says, looking down at Chloe.

"Shift it, (L/N)." She counters back, chuckling.

The three step down onto a lower platform, which instantly breaks underneath them, making them slide down and alert all the rebels there.

"We've got this!" Nadine yells encouragingly over the gunfire.

They run and fire whenever possible and duck behind cover, the gunfire never ceasing around them.

(Y/N) takes charge, shooting down anyone in her way and dodging the others, she makes it to the other side.

"Frazer, come on!" She shouts and Nadine joins her at the double doors, a turret positioned on them, but missing due to the wall that gave them a tiny bit of cover.

The two begin throwing their weight into it, trying to get the doors open when Chloe joins them. One last shove and the doors burst open and the ground falls in, making them tumble into a puddle below.

(Y/N) groans from the impact and lies on her back, watching the pebbles fall down. "You alright?" Chloe asks, grabbing her hand and hoisting her up next to Nadine.

"Peachy."

"Oh, shit." She mumbles, turning on the flashlight.

"Where are we?" Nadine questions, sweeping hers across the different carvings in the wall.

"No idea. But at least we're not in the line of fire."

Nadine goes up the few steps. "That thing carved on the floor, what do you suppose it is?"

(Y/N) studies the shackles tied down to it and shakes her head. "The channels on the floor weren't meant for water." Nadine lets out a small 'oh' and they move on up and through, dropping down into what looks like a cell.

"Poor bastards." Chloe mutters.

"Dunno. I'd prefer being left to rot in a cell to getting tortured." Nadine says.

"I'll have to agree with Nadine on this one."

Chloe climbs over the cell gate and the three stand in silence for a minute.

"Hear that?" (Y/N) asks, walking over to the other side where a bricked up wall was missing a few bricks. "Yep. There's the aqueduct."

Chloe makes her way to the another brick wall, the sunlight shining through the breach at the top. Nadine goes to follow whilst (Y/N) stays by the aqueduct. Just as she makes it up, a truck crashes through, making her fall onto it and land on the ground.

Nadine also falls back, the two coughing and spluttering as Asav exits from the truck along with two goons. (Y/N) runs for the disc that had fallen out of Chloe's pocket, but Asav is quicker, grabbing it and punching her out of the way.

The two rebels beat Nadine and another two emerges.

"The eye of Shiva." Asav speaks, the three lying on the ground. "Impressive." He chuckles. "My man worked for a week and turned up nothing."

"Probably hired the wrong expert." (Y/N) replies, being restrained by the other two insurgents, who beat her down just like Nadine.

"Perhaps." He walks to the wall where she is and knocks the bricks down to reveal the water further. "You know... a Hoysala poet once wrote of a young king who showed mercy... and thus, ended our rituals."

Asav turns back to Chloe, who had slowly sat up. "But the old Kings, they understood that progress demands sacrifice."

Chloe scoffs. "Is that what you tell your men?"

Asav's patience has clearly run out as he unholsters his gun and crouches down next to her.

"So." He loads his gun. "In times of war - these aqueducts, they would run red through the capital. Those who would not fight had to be used to inspire those who would."

Asav abruptly stands and aims his gun, but (Y/N) had already began to fight against the two soldiers and now, so had Nadine.

Chloe takes this opportunity to hit the gun out of his hand and begin the fight against him. He easily punches her, allowing Nadine to roundhouse him and the two dodge each other's move.

Asav get the upper hand and catches her leg, grabbing her by the neck and slamming her down into a wooden box, which shatters. (Y/N) grabs him from behind, her arm around his neck and he elbows her, turning and letting her take his punches.

Chloe tries to stop him, but Asav overpowers, throwing her to the ground. "Proud of yourself?" He spits.

"A little, yeah. C'mon."

(Y/N) runs to tackle him, but the four insurgents regain themselves, joining in to take her down. Nadine manages to get up and help her, whilst Asav begins to strangle Chloe.

"You see, to rule a people, you must first sow chaos."

"Wait...!"

(Y/N) roundhouses a man, having taken two down. She glances at Chloe, but is grabbed by one of the rebels. Nadine finishes off the other and helps (Y/N), freeing her.

"I will incite my civil war. Stamp out the weak bloodline of the young king."

"Starting with you." He hisses and (Y/N) jumps on his back, using her elbow and slamming it down into his shoulder, making him stumble back. "One of you get him!" She orders.

Chloe runs up and kicks him, but two of the insurgents get up, grabbing her. Asav pushes (Y/N) back into the wall, making her fall to the ground and he picks her up again, throwing her back into it.

Nadine and Chloe take down the two insurgents, making sure they stay down for good this time and Chloe runs and kicks Asav, Nadine punching him so hard his glasses fall off.

Asav kicks Nadine back into (Y/N) and then pushes Chloe with them. The wall crumbles and breaks, dropping them into the aqueduct.

"Grab onto something!" She orders, the three flowing with the rush of water.

The aqueduct ends and Chloe is the first out, swinging across the tree branch and grabbing onto the platform. It crumbles and she falls, landing heavily onto the floor below.

"Frazer!" Nadine yells.

(Y/N) lands on the platform, immediately running down the stairs and kneeling down next to Chloe. "Shit, Chlo, get up." She whispers, gently shaking her.

"Frazer, c'mon." Nadine says, kneeling down on her other side.

"Chloe?"