Summer Love - 2

"Long time no see, Hinata."

The voice brought Hinata out of her trance. Her lavender eyes met sky blue eyes that she once loved so much.

"Naruto?" She asked. Her breath hitched, not believing her own eyes as she saw him in front of her.

"It's me." He said and grinned at her. The first thing Hinata noticed about him was that he had grown a lot. His features matured and his hair was cut short, instead of the unruly hair that he used to bear. "Would you like to get some coffee with me? I think I have some explaining to do." The Uzumaki said and gave her a small smile, hoping the girl he met a few years ago would say yes.

"I-I guess. I need to buy some groceries first, though." She stuttered out and looked away from him, her face bearing a red colour again.

"Great. I'll wait for you to get done outside." He replied and gave her one of his famous bright smiles. Hinata nodded her head and rushed past him with her cart.

She tried holding in her tears but it was hard for her to do it. She never imagined to be seeing the boy she had once loved again. He had left a deep scar in her life but also someone, who was most precious to her. Hinata couldn't imagine her life without her son anymore. He brought the sunlight into her life that she lacked after his father left.

Hinata bought everything her family needed and rushed to her car. Naruto was standing beside a car next to hers and twirling his car keys on his fingers. Once he spotted the Hyuga girl, he immediately smiled. He watched Hinata put all her groceries into her car and then the grocery cart back to where it belonged to.

Hinata motioned for Naruto to follow her, which he immediately did. The Hyuga brought them to a coffee shop, which was close to the grocery store. The two sat down at a table for two and soon, awkward silence filled their little gettogether.

"How have you been? It's been three years since we've seen each other." Naruto said, whilst twirling his spoon around in his cappuccino. Hinata held her cup tightly, trying to come up with the courage to talk with the boy, who used to be her everything.

"It's been good. I'm studying to be a doctor and it's been hard trying to balance life and school." She purposely left out the detail of her having a son, their son, out.

"That's great. I'm glad things are working out for you." Once he said that, awkward silence filled their conversation again. Hinata couldn't take it anymore and she quickly filled the silence with the questions that have been bugging her since she saw him.

"Naruto, if you don't mind me asking, what are you doing here? You haven't been back in years. Why all of a sudden?" Her soft voice asked. Her eyes bore into his, looking right into his soul.

"I-I'm sorry I left and didn't come back for such a long time, and for not writing to you. My parents recently passed and my godparents convinced me to come live with them. My godmother even offered me work at the hospital, whilst studying to become a surgeon."

Hinata searched for any sign of madness on his face, or any sign of him acknowledging their son. But non of that was noticeable.

"It's okay. I'm glad you're pursuing your dreams." She said and ignored the apology all together.

"Thank you Hinata. I'm glad you're able to work on your dreams as well." He said, not realising she had ignored his apology.

"I have to go back home, Naruto." Hinata suddenly said, not looking at him anymore. She feared that her tears would start rolling out of her eyes as soon as she looked at him again.

"Wait, Hinata. I wanted to ask you something before you leave?"

"What is it?" She asked, already putting on her sweater, wanting to leave as soon as possible. She needed to get back home to her son and family.

"Do you want to start where we left off?" He asked suddenly. Hinata looked at him, her eyes wide in disbelief.

The girl glared at the blond haired boy, who gave her a confused glance back.

"How dare you ask me something like this, after you leave me behind for three years? I got no letter from you, no message, not even a fucking call in three years. Do you seriously think I want to talk to you after all that you've done? You left me behind, after I gave you everything. I was hoping to never see you again and yet you are here, standing in front of me. I loved you, yet you obviously only wanted someone to shag for the summer." Her words spit out like poison.

Naruto's eyes widened to twice their size. He had never heard the gentle girl talk like this before, not once.

"I-I-" He tried replying but was cut off my Hinata's glare, which intensified.

"No. There is absolutely nothing that you could say to me to convince me that you aren't just a shit person, who toys with people's emotions. Don't try to get back into my life anymore. I have a full plate of you already." She said and stood up, quickly leaving the coffee shop.

Hinata held back the tears, which were threatening to escape her pale eyes. She ran to her car and slammed the door as she sat into the driver's seat. Her chest was rising up and down, with tears silently running down her face. The pale eyed girl slammed her hands on the steering wheel and sobbed into her hands.

She couldn't believe that he was back in her life, or at least trying to get back into it.

Hinata turned her car's ignition on and drove home as quickly as possible, in the given speed limit. She put the groceries into their kitchen and sighed as she leaned over the kitchen isle.

"Mommy! I'm back home." A loud voice called out through the house. The sound of small feet hitting the floor, got Hinata's frown into a smile. She crouched down and caught her son in her hands, hugging him close to her chest.

At least she didn't mind having one blond boy in her life.

-----

What do you guys thing of this book?

I know you guys can hardly say something since I literally updated three chapters in a row hahaha.

I just really hope you guys enjoy this book and that I'm not just wasting my time with creating books hahaha.

-Bored Pumpkin (TopsTheTommo)