Summer Love - 9

Hi, my lovely readers. Happy Easter to everyone! I hope you guys are celebrating it with the ones you love and that the quarantine is going well for everyone.

-Bored Pumpkin (TopsTheTommo)

-

Time seemingly flew by as Naruto would spend his weekdays at university and work, and for the weekend he'd spend his time with his son and mother of said child. In the past few weeks, Boruto has grown to love his father and every single minute he spent with him. 

The little toddler somehow always found his way back into his father's embrace at the end of the day and it was making Hinata slightly jealous. She loved having Naruto around just because their son finally had a father but it felt like the little blond was replacing her. She tried shrugging off the feeling of rejection whenever Boruto called out for Naruto rather than her but it was becoming harder and harder. 

The two Hyugas were at Naruto's place this weekend since Jiraiya was out of town and Tsunade was working the weekend shift. Naruto baby proofed his godparents' hose as much possible for their visit. He had even gone out of his way and bought all kinds of toddler games, books, stuffed animals, etc., and Hinata was impressed with how everything looked.

The Uzumaki was showing Hinata around the house whilst Boruto was watching cartoons in the living room. He also had a ton of blocks in front of him to create shapes or towers.

"That's going to be Boruto's room. I already painted the room a baby blue color and I just need to put his bed together. The closet is already in the corner and I went out and bought him a porta-potty." Naruto rambled on and on as he showed her the toddler room.

Hinata's breath hitched as she looked around the beautiful room. She knew that Naruto was taking the whole co-parenting serious but she never imagined that he would even give their son a room in the house. "It looks amazing, Naruto, but I don't think Boruto is ready for a sleepover. He's still a toddler that sometimes wakes up in the middle of the night because he had a nightmare."

"Well, that's why my room is right next to his if he needs me. I'll be able to hear him all the time and I'm sure he'll love it here just as much as he loves it at his actual hoe. It's going to be his second home, where Tsunade and Jiraiya are going to spoil him as much as they spoiled me." The Uzumaki continued enthusiastically. He wanted the little bundle of joy to also be able to stay with him if the occasion arises or if he just wanted to be with his dad.

"Are you sure that you're ready to take Boruto for a whole day? Including feeding him, entertaining him, giving him love and attention?" The Hyuga female asked, not being quite sure if she wanted to give her son to Naruto for a whole weekend without her supervision. 

As much as she was surprised and delighted that Naruto was working so hard for their child, she also wasn't sure if it was a good idea. It seemed as if Boruto already preferred his father over his mother when they would do activities together. 

"Of course, Hinata. I meant it when I said I would be involved in his life. I'm sure that Boruto would be more than happy to spend more time with me as well." The Uzumaki said with one of his famous smiles on his face. "Besides, we have a school vacation next week and I want my friends to meet Boruto. They've been dying to meet him, especially Shikamaru and TenTen. Well, they're the only ones that are visiting at least. I couldn't convince Kiba and Sai to come since they need to study for their finals."