Summer Love - 11

This story already has 6k reads and I posted the last update 4 days ago. Freaking unbelievable how awesome you guys are. 

I'm reapplying for a university that didn't take me in last year so there's at least some faith for my future lol. You should've seen that awesome motivational essay I conducted for them. I even convinced my boss to write me a letter of recommendation. 

Also, The Breakfast Club is still a masterpiece. The only thing I would change is that Allison never gets her makeover and dad Andrew falls for her and not for her looks. 

With no further ado, besides me being salty about Jackie Cox landing in the bottom two this week, here is chapter 11 of Summer Love.

-Bored Pumpkin (TopsTheTommo)

---

Shikamaru and TenTen truly enjoyed their stay in Konoha. They got to see how well their best friend was doing in a remote city, finally looking healthy. Naruto always tried to hide his problems behind his smile but being his best friends, they knew the difference between a fake smile and a real one. Back in Tokyo, they hardly ever got to see any of his real smiles anymore. He had been broken beyond compare but Konohagakure had given him a new glow. His skin became tanner, his birthmarks on his face were more prominent as well, and he was happier.

It was safe to say that the fresh air, being surrounded by family and the people he loved as equally as they loved him, was finally bringing the old Naruto back. 

Tsunade was rushing to work in the morning, waking up later than usual due to an eventful evening with Jiraiya. That old geezer made her heart skip a beat even after being together for so many years. The blonde almost tripped over some toys that were lying scattered on the floor of the living room. 

She couldn't help but smile fondly at the play blocks with letters on them that spelled 'dad' and 'mom'. She didn't doubt one second that Naruto's guests helped the toddler write them. Surprisingly even Tsunade enjoyed the presence of others in the house, which surprised her even. Thinking back to the time where she would take care of Naruto the way the three young adults have the past week, made her heart swell.

The smell of coffee was evident in the household. Once the busty woman made her way into the kitchen, she saw her lover, her godson, and his two best friends all sitting down for breakfast, TenTen making a fresh batch of coffee for the Senju. "Good morning, Dr. Tsunade, we made you some pancakes and coffee for breakfast," she said and offered the doctor a cup of coffee. Tsunade would be lying if she said that she didn't enjoy the respect and appreciation they had all been giving her.

"Thank you for that, TenTen, now Jiraiya, why didn't you wake me up? I got to be at the hospital in half an hour already," Tsunade replied and then turned her attention to her husband, who was hiding behind a newspaper. He chuckled nervously and then gave her one of his signature smiles in apology.

"Couldn't wake you up that early after what we did last night, princess." He replied, earning a set of groans and sounds of disgust from the three young adults present in the kitchen.

Shikamaru had his hair out of its usual ponytail, letting his hairline breathe. So did TenTen, who let her long hair down from its usual buns. She wasn't feeling the buns today, which shocked her two best friends. They always tried to somehow make Shikamaru take his hair out of his ponytail and they've seen his hair down plenty of times but seldom TenTen's hair. 

Naruto, on the other hand, had his hair in its messy form, like always. He was already dressed in his work clothes, leaving his two best friends to explore the city on their own while he was at work. The scrubs on him fit him almost perfectly, showing off his defined body. The Uzumaki had spent many hours in the gym as a distraction from everything and in the end, even though he wasn't even planning on it, his body became quite defined. Some might even say, sexy.