Chapter 1: In Caritate Perpetua

Three months ago, I lost the two halves of my heart.

Three months ago, I stood in front of the man who took so much from me and I let him get away.

Three months ago, I let the good of my people, my training soldiers, my friends and family, die by the hands of the monster that is Lucious.

I am not the same girl I was three months ago.

I'll never be.

"Anne! Should I wrap these or just let them air dry?" Levi walked over carrying the newest arrow shafts.

Stainless steel tips with a hard wood stem to make sure that when it went through, it stuck.

I eyed them over and picked one up, "Just wipe them down and then start wrapping them. Make sure you use the rough tape." I wanted it to hurt.

"Sounds good. Are you coming to the bonfire tonight?" He asked as he began furrowing his brows to watch and keep guard of my expressions.

I've been doing good to keep myself looking like my old self, sarcastic and witty. Yet inside I feel the dark and heavy ache, the emptiness within me that's slowly rotting me away.

'Such a shame too, I was really hoping they'd gut you up and feed you to Israfel while you stood screaming.'

Shut up, you're not Michael.

'But I am. This, this is who I've always been Annalise.'

Go away, I'm not in the mood for your shit right now.

'Tell me Ace, does it bother you that you will never see the old Lilith again?'

His voice was taunting me again, he wanted me to lash out, to look crazy. He wanted me to look unhinged and unready to help and to conquer this fucking war.

But I'm not crazy, I'm a woman looking for vengeance.

'I'm so proud of what she's become. She feeds and she lets them feed on her. I like to watch.'

Get the fuck out of my head!

'Especially when her bodies just absolutely stunning. They really like her here, Verin admires her hunger and endless energy.'

I felt my heart race in fury and anger, don't let him get to you Anne! Don't!

'You'd think she'd be sore but she likes it. Did you know your sister was such a kinky little vampore?'

That's it!

Going to the kitchen, I headed past the cooks and to the freezer pulling out a tub of ice cream and scooping a massive piece before shoving it in my mouth.

Fucking hell! Shit! Oh, that hurts!

Cold, so fucking cold.

Snake venom didn't work the first time I tried it, and then I tried some spells. Nothing seems to get him to shut up or leave besides some good old fashion Ben & Jerry's ice cream.

As his voice faded, I let out an aggravated scream before slamming my hand into the counter and dropping my head to its cool granite counters.

Michael isn't the same, they tortured him, they used his weakness for me to pull him deeper into the darkness. He's so far gone now, so far gone.

My heart ached because I knew when I met him, he fed on humans but also kept his main diet of foods. He wasn't savage.

This Michael, his entire diet is vampires. He's untamed and ruthless. Apparently Lily is too, but I know us Dragos woman, we don't go down too easy.

Vangsvere Reckoning On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara