Chapter 7: A-S-S-H-O-L-E

"You can't put those shoes with that dress! Are you trying to kill fashion as a whole?" Faye eyed the girl who wore the blue maxi dress with the black combat boots.

It clearly drove Faye crazy, what these woman wore. It's almost like they just grabbed random items and threw them on without a care about if it looked good or not.

The girl gave a small growl threatening Faye to which Faye hissed back.

I rolled my eyes and leaned forward staring at Abe. "She's going to get her ass jumped." I said watching her flip the girl off.

He shrugged, "Let her. It'll be time someone did." He sighed looking around the eating room.

It's been three hours since our arrival and we've sort of just stuck to each other, avoiding any way that someone could possibly take us in a dark corner and eat us.

I looked to the corner table filled with guys, five at least and all staring at us with pure hatred. It was honestly so stupid that they looked at us like that. Clearly we struck a nerve without even knowing them.

Abe believes it's some sort of territorial thing or whatever.

"Escuse me." The small voice came from behind me and I watched Abe's curious eyes before I turned and looked to the girl.

She smiled up at me and then at Abe.

When he smiled back and I smirked "Now, she's too young." I joked.

He gave me a look that said "Seriously Anne?" To which I laughed.

Staring back at the girl, I watched her take a closer step, "You're vampires aren't you?" She asked bravely.

I'm sure it took her a lot of guts to do that, especially since all the adults couldn't. This kids got spunk and I like it, I'm here for this.

I gave the girl a nod, "Yeah, but we're not mean ones. We're the ones who want to help save your people, our people, witches and the humans." I said watching her scrunch her face.

Her eyes turned to the group of woman all gossiping, her mom must be in that group. She then looked at me, "What about the Angels?" She seemed so confused.

Staring at Abe in confusion, I watched him look from me to the girl, "What Angels?" He asked.

But we got cut off once her mom came and picked her up. "What did I tell you about talking to strangers Zuri?" She asked sighing.

I smiled up at the woman and watched her sheepishly smile back, "Sorry, She's a bit curious." She said eyeing her daughter and then me.

Nodding, I gave the girl a smile, "Nothing wrong with a little curiosity." I watched the girl smile at her mom.

The woman held a hand out to me and I shook it "My names Talia, this is my littlest, Zuri." She said as she turned Zuri to me.

"I'm Annalise, these are my friends Abbadon and Faye." I said gesturing to the two of them who both gave hellos.

She gave them both hellos but kept her eyes on me as she said it, "You're Annalise Dragos, are you not?" She asked curiously.

Guess my names traveling fast.

I nodded and watched her look to the woman and then they began walking over.

There three woman all smiling as they walked over, "Oh it is you!" Said one as she leaned over the table smiling in my face.

She was a beautiful girl, probably around fourteen and definitely not a grown woman. "I'm Athena. The Chiefs my grandfather." She said holding her hand out.