Chapter 12: Would You Shut Up?

No, I don't.

'You truly do.'

How the hell would you even know?

'You've been living with the dogs, I'm sure you smell like one by now.'

Go away, no I don't.

I sighed in annoyance and continued cutting the potatoes.

Talia's laugh distracted me and I stared up at her cautiously. Her eyes ran over my face, "It's just potatoes hun, you don't have to cut them so aggressively." She said smirking.

Oh.

I stared down at the potato wanting apologize to it.

I've got so much on my mind.

'Oh yeah, definitely, is Jolene and Thomas okay? Will I ever get Lily and Michael back? Does Kai want to bang me?'

Shut up Michael, go away.

'I have nothing better to do with my day. I want to enjoy you, enjoy your...well your presence.'

You just love pissing me off.

'Truly.'

Pain in my ass.

Ignoring him the next hour, I watched Kai staring at me, I hoped when we caught eyes that he'd look away but he didn't. He just held his stare.

Meanwhile Michael kept saying 'Mate.' Over and over.

"Would you shut up?" I said aggravated.

Putting the freshly picked mint in the bowl, I wanted Michael to just shut up, "I'm sorry, I hadn't said anything." Talia said confused.

Oh shit, "I'm sorry, I uh-I have a voice in my head." I said not knowing how else to explain it.

'Smooth, hope they don't have a mental institution there.'

You shut up, "You're the reason I'm even in this mess."

Talia smirked at me and I realized, I said it out loud again.

She took the bowl from me, "Maybe your inner wolf? I mean we all have our wolves voice in our head. You learn to just ignore them." She said shrugging.

Right. Ignore them.

'I'm a bit difficult to ignore.'

Yeah, I know, shut up.

I sighed and watched her give a look over my shoulder before she smiled at me and walked away.

Abe cleared his throat and I turned my attention to him, shit.

His eyes drilled holes into mine, "Michaels in your head again?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

Shit.

'Ah, you really fucked this one up didn't you Ace?'

Shut up Michael.

I stared at Abe nervously, "Just recently. I think being away from the academy trigged it." I said shrugging.

He took my upper arm and hurried us back to the den.

I stared at him confused but he seemed determined.

"We're getting him out. Try not to think about anything." He said guiding me past the table of guys.

A hand gripped my wrist and I felt a flood of cool sparks flood my body.

Nyxes, what the hell was that?

'Get the tingles, Mate?'

Shit.