Chapter 45: The Fall Of...

I stared over at the massive lake, it was beautiful, and the sunrise set so nicely. It reflected back into the water and I felt so at peace and warm.

"Anne?"

I looked over my shoulder and stared at Kai, his eyes watching me over before he walked over to me and sat beside me.

Giving him a worried look, I watched as he sighed and took in the view, "It's really beautiful here isn't it?" He asked quietly.

What is he doing here?

I gave a nod and eyed Jesse and Vesper both fishing and laughing like dorks.

A smile grew on my face, "Anne, they need you. Not just your people but mine as well." Kai said breaking my focus.

Giving him my full attention I nodded, "Tell Imira I love her. Tell my family I'm happy, I'm at peace. And please don't let them put Shiko down. Take him to my family. He'll be lost without me." He stared at me and leaned in kissing my lips.

I opened my eyes listening to the horror, the screams and the cries.

His voice was in the back, Israfel.

LINKS POV:

Anne's body jolted and I watched as her once limp body began moving.

Israfel stood in front of her, everyone bowed to him.

But there she was.

Staring back at Lily, she hovered over Kai pushing the dagger in deeper.

Then she stared back at me and I gave a nod.

A smile reached her face as she stared at Anne.

Tears reached my eyes and I watched her slowly move.

She stayed still for a while as Israfel spoke to us all in some foreign language, I remember learning it the beginning of the year here, he's saying something similar to Jameson's speech.

I watched as Anne pushed herself from the floor, a smirk on her face while she stood and her wings spread out.

She was a fucking Goddess, a legend, a super hero and my best friend.

Nudging Jolene, she stared up and looked to Anne with wide eyes and a smile, "You did it Lincoln." She said softly.

Kai did it, it was his sacrifice that made this possible.

Anne flapped her wings once and sprung to the sky.

Israfel turned and stared back looking for her corpse, Jameson looked confused and stared out at us, "Where did she go?" He asked furiously.

A gust of wind came, massive and over whelming, it blew most of us back and we were forced to stay down while Israfels men stood and pointed guns up.

A grin grew on my face, "This wars far from over. Isn't it?" I asked Jolene.

She matched my eyes, "Far from over Link, Anne's reborn." She said low.

Another gust before a laugh floated through the wind, her laugh.

A swoosh came from the back, I looked down the massive crowds to see blood splattered over the trees and our people scrambling back.

Another swoosh!

More blood.

She was practically painting the forest with the blood of our enemies.

She continued until she dropped down and her wings stood sharp and wide, "I am Annalise Dragos, descendent of the great Nyxess and the legendary Vladamir Vangsvere. I, Annalise, will bring you to your fucking demise." She shouted like some god damn power house.

Israfel stared in complete horror.

He knew, he fucked up.

LANAS POV:

She was a fucking rage house, as they ran at her, she tore limbs and heads biting into them and ripping their flesh with her bare hands.

Remind me to never get on Anne's bad side.

I've heard she was a one woman army, but I wasn't sure I believed it.

Her pile of men growing as she splattered their blood everywhere.

She took the last guy and jumped into the sky, a minute later, his scream was audible and then the slam of his body hitting the ground sounding like a gun shot. His body and guts splattered everywhere.

I looked over at Mitsy and took her hand holding it tight while smiling at Vince who was giving me a sweet smile.

This is a miracle, but I won't question it, I need this miracle.

"I love you both." I said softly.

They both muttered it back and I smiled staring up at Anne as she walked past us giving me a soft smile and staring up at Israfel, "These, are my people. The people of the great Goddess Nyxess." She began.

She walked like some dark and sinister Victoria Secret model with her wings and a mace dragging behind her.

"Ask yourself this, are you ready to die for yours? I was, I still am." She said smirking and swinging the ball and chain.

In that moment I realized, when this is over, the world needs to know about her. About all of them.

We need a national holiday for her, a day about the great and notorious Annalise, reborn and with wings like blades and windstorms.

She's a fucking legend.

LILYS POV:

Let's do this fucking thing Anne.

Show them what a god damn Dragos is made of.

JOLENES POV:

Give him the Vangsvere vengeance.

Show him why crossing a Vangsvere isn't an option.

THOMAS'S POV:

Show them that a child of Nyx is unstoppable, and that we together, will rise above him, above his armies, above his endless tyranny.

Because we

KODAS POV:

have something

LINKS POV:

to believe in,

EVAS POV:

My friend

MICHAELS POV:

My love

LEVIS POV:

My family

FAYES POV:

My blood

LAUCHS POV:

My kin

ANNES POV:

My destiny.

Their Reckoning.