Chapter 4: He Was a Roger

Pulling open the door, I headed inside and made my way with Kora to the archery section.

Lincoln came following behind us pushing the cart and occasionally hopping on it and riding it a few feet before pushing it again.

I bit my lip as I eyed the different arrow tips.

"Jolene said all of them." Kora said beginning to pull them all off the rack and tossing them into the cart.

Lincoln whistled a tune while he tossed a few in. Koras eyes ran over Lincoln before quickly looking away.

I left the two and went for the rolls of thread.

We'd need more for the crossbows.

Kneeling down, I eyed the sizes of each and grabbed six before turning to the other isle and scanning for throwing knives.

Knowing Roxanne, she's probably fucking the guy in the front instead.

"Hi! Welcome to Abberis Hunt Shop. Are you finding everything okay?" The guys tone was professional.

I jumped though, despite his kind tone, maybe because my mind was rushing over sorting my thoughts from Michaels whispers.

Turning to the guy I gave him a smile, "Yeah, I was looking for your throwing knives." I stated trying to avoid dropping any of the rolls of thread.

The guy stepped toward me taking a few from my hand, "I'll take you. I'm Roger." He said holding his hand out smiling at me.

Roger, poor mortal has no idea his kinds survival is being fought for.

Shaking his hand, I thought of telling him I'm the next Jesus but decided maybe not confuse the poor humans simple mind, "Anne." I said as I watched him stand there awkwardly before laughing, blushing and then turning to walk me to the aisle.

He turned and stared back at me over his shoulder, and I watched him quickly look away.

Cute little mortal.

I heard a "Anne babe!" From two aisles down and ignored them following the kid.

We stopped at an aisle and he gestured to it "This is everything we got, if there's anything else, just let me know." He said smiling at me.

I gave him a nod "Will do, thank you Roger." I eyed the packs of knives and as he placed the threads on the floor, he disappeared and I noted all the knives.

It should be a good amount.

"Link!" I called and heard the cart rolling down the aisles before he smirked at me "Was he at least a cute mortal?" He asked waggling his eyebrows while he took the thread and tossed it in the cart.

I started grabbing all the knives I could find. "He was a Roger." I stated watching him cringe and help toss the knives in the cart.

Last night Lincoln came to my room telling me about how he dreamt of Eva dying for him, he had so much guilt that this morning he broke up with her.

It was definitely a heart breaking thing but he's trying to be a good sport.

He doesn't want Eva to love him and die for him, and I understand that. I'd have done the same for any of them, especially Michael.

Kora came running with her hands full of boxes of ammo.

"I can't carry any more!" She said laughing as she dumped them in the cart.

I smirked and watched her brown hair fall over her eyes. She blew it aside and smiled at the two of us.

She reminded me of a puppy, big brown eyes, brown hair that was wavy, a smile always on her face and she was sweet.