Chapter 3: I Make You Hot?

"I know, I will, I promise but I need you to let me do my own thing for now." I said watching Thomas give me a watching scold before nodding.

Thank you.

I smirked and turned aiming the crossbow and pulling the trigger.

It struck through the last arrow shaft and I smirked cocking my eyebrow and giving Levi a half five.

'Wonderful shot, listen I've been wondering, what color do you think I should wear on the day of your funeral? I was thinking a nice dark blue. Then I remembered how much you like greys on me.'

Oh for the love of all things, leave me alone Michael. Please.

I sighed and put the crossbow down feeling the damper of my day already.

"Hey Anne have you seen Lincoln?" Eva asked popping up beside me.

She looked flustered and worried, I shook my head and gestured to the stairs, "Maybe check his room?" I suggested.

Her lips pursed, "Yeah he's not there. Probably eating." She said hurrying past me and down the hall.

I walked past the gym stopping as I heard Abe's voice laughing with a girls.

Ah, wonderful Abe, the one and only lady killer.

Rolling my eyes, I felt sorry for his now wife, she's got to be stuck with him for life.

Good friend, stupid lover.

Koda walked down the hall giving me a small smile, "How are you doing today?" I asked watching him scoff, "As good as you." He replied.

Yup, "We'll get back at him. I promise." I said patting his arm.

He gave a nod, "I'm going to enjoy killing them all Lise, all of them." He said before giving me a look of sorrow and then heading toward the front doors.

Losing his sister was horrible, at least I know mines alive.

'I guess, if you want to call it that. I mean her physical body is absolutely here, but she's not your sweet Lily.'

Oh wow, would you look at that? It's time for another brain freeze. Fuck off fake Michael.

He makes my blood boil.

'I make you hot?'

Go away!

EVA'S POV:

God dammit. How the hell was I supposed to know this would happen?

I sighed and walked to the backyard watching him lift the crates and laugh with Koda.

I love Lincoln, a lot.

But I can't keep going on with this lie.

Walking over to him, I watched him focus on me and smile before waving to Koda and meeting me half way.

"Let's go talk." Lincoln said to me before taking my hand and walking with me up to my room.

I shut the door and he let go of my hand giving me a small smile, "I still love you Eva. I still believe you are the greatest girlfriend I've ever had. But I dreamt it already, I know." He said making this so much easier for me.

Sighing in relief I wrapped my arms around him and hugged him tightly.

He hugged me back and kissed the top of my head, "I'm happy for you Eva, I know Kristoffer would be so happy too." He said making my heart ache a bit. I think of Kristoffer a lot, I think it's partly the reason I can't see myself ever loving another man.

I loved Kristoffer in a way I could never love another man, he was the other half of me, the half I could never find in another man.

My brothers love isn't something a handsome
man or a sweet talking tongue can replace.

Ive been disgusted by men lately, the thought of being intimate with a man bothers me and aches at my chest.

When I look at Anne, I feel a love, a different love than when I look at Lincoln, I crave her.

I want to lie beside her, to kiss her, hold her.

Of course I won't admit that to her, my point is, I'm not into men.

"Thank you Link." I said softly.

He gave a nod, "If anyone asks, we'll just say I broke it off." He smirked and brushed my hair back.

I laughed and cocked an eyebrow, "Oh right, because you want all the girls to think you're some hard ass?" I asked watching him as he laughed.

Giving him another hug, I wiped my tears, "Go out there, get a girl who likes dick." I said jokingly.

He gave my head another kiss before leaning in "Get you a girl who likes pussy." He said grinning and hurrying out before I could smack him.

Idiot.

How the hell will I break this to Anne?

Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair going out my room and stopping as my eyes fell over her.

The soft and quiet girl, beautiful and so fragile looking.

Delora.

"Lora," I called softly.

Her head turned and she stared at me smiling sweetly before walking over and looking around to see if anyone else noticed her.

I loved her innocence, her kind and sweet smile. She was just so beautiful, I wondered how I went so long without ever noticing her.

As she entered the room, I shut the door behind us and smiled at her as she looked to my lips nervously.

A smirk built on my lips, "Lincoln and I are officially split. Which means..." I trailed stepping toward her and taking her face in my hands.

She smiled widely and stood on her tip toes leaning in and kissing my lips.

Kissing a man always felt so rough, so...careless and lacking of love. But Delora, well she kisses with her heart, her entire heart.

I loved her for that.

Delora let me lead, she always fell to what I went with and seemed to want to please me. It was different than with a man, I didn't have to worry with her.

It just felt right.

She felt right.

It often makes me wonder if all my life was just led up to be right here, locked in lips with this girl.

It made me wonder if Kris would've been surprised, if he'd be happy for me or want more.

I like to pretend he would be rooting me on.

I miss him so much.

Nights without Lily felt so heavy, after Kris died, I haven't had a good nights sleep. Until I slept beside Delora.

I'd protect her, she won't have the same fate.

"I love you." I said between kisses as I pushed her gently to the wall.

Pulling back I stared into her eyes and she looked to me scared for a moment before she smiled, "I love you too." She said softly.

I smiled feeling like maybe, just maybe, this world doesn't have to fall apart.

Maybe this world could just, restart.