Chapter 39: In Three Days

Tossing my bag on the floor, I sighed and felt exhausted.

Michael walked in behind me and ran his hands around my waist pulling me to his chest before kissing my cheek and jaw and down to my neck.

I smiled and ran a hand behind me into his hair, "What do you think about Lauch coming out?" I asked as I turned around and he lifted me up walking me to the bed slow and thoughtfully, "I think it'd be smart." He said low.

Me too.

As he laid me down, he trailed sweet kisses over me and I wondered for a moment....

What's Lily up to?

LILYS POV:

"Are they prepared?" Lucious asked as he stared over the many cells that filled this basement.

I gave a nod and smiled at Lou, "They're amazing, stronger than ever." I said thoughtfully.

Lucious gave a nod and walked up to Vince's cell eyeing him over, "These two are a lot calmer." He said confused.

I smiled at Mitsy, "They're amazingly strong though." I said shrugging.

He walked over to the Angel vampire, Michael, the first known of his kind. "Is he still consuming bodies whole?" He asked staring at Lou.

I watched Lou shake his head, "He's normalized now." He lied looking to his clipboard and then back at me.

Lou was forced into this job and threatened to stay working. A few months ago, we had a conversation about my plans to train the changed army and he said he believes it'd be smart.

It's a tactic that will help Anne and no one knows it. They have no idea that when the war begins, my army, the changed army, will fight first.

Lucious gave a nod, "We get ready to storm the castle in three days. Make sure everyone's ready." He said before going up the steps and out of the basement.

I looked to Lou and gave him a soft smile, "You're doing the right thing. I promise." I said watching him give a strong nod, "I believe I am." He responded.

Good.

Turning my attention to Ryker, he gave me a small smile, "This Anne girl is real lucky to have you." He said as if for the last three months he hadn't been making sweet comments that slowly steal my heart away.

Damn you, Ryker.

I gave him a smile back, "I'm the lucky one Ry." I said before going back up the steps.

"Lily" He called, I turned to look at him over my shoulder and watched him stare at me with desperation, "You look really good walking away." He said breaking into a smile.

What a dork.

I laughed and gave him a wink before going out the basement.

My mind thought of Leandro, of what a life with him was like. He was sweet, soft and always such a gentleman, but Ryker was like this electric current that constantly filled me with waves of exhilaration and laughter.

Maybe Leandro moved on too.

MICHAELS POV:

Lifting the last speaker, I walked it over to the edge of the stage and put it up.

Anne's voice came out as she was talking with one of the new girls, I think that ones Vydia. The two laughed and talked but when Anne laughed, I swear my heart ripped from my chest from how fast and hard it beat. It's been over a year and I still feel my heart race at her laughter.