Chapter 16: The Wrath Of A Mother

Jolene's POV:

"Thomas, I swear to God if you don't get us out of here..." I could practically feel my rage growing.

The thought of what those monsters are doing to Anne only enrages me more.

"I'm trying!" He barked back while pushing the metal bars.

Oh for the love of Nyx.

"Move." I said pointing for him to stand back.

With the rage and desperation of a hundred mothers, I felt my strength grow, giving it one hard shove. The cage door bent.

It only dented a little but it was something.

Dammit.

"Dimitri, for the love of all things, can't you open this?!" I asked furiously.

He shook his head, "Its the same steel used to keep me locked in." He eyed the dent, "You vampires are very strong. Why are you so strong?" He asked looking me over.

I scoffed, "That is not strength from working out, that is strength from desperation." I admitted.

God Anne.

Sighing I looked to Thomas, "I may not be her real mother but like any mother, I'd do anything for my kids." I said desperately.

He gave a reassuring nod.

Wait, "Wait....hold on." Like any mother....

Like any mother.

Anything for my...kids.

"Okay everyone shut up." I said shutting my eyes and holding onto the bars before tuning out.

Come on Jolene, listen.

Listen for them.

"What's she doing?" Dimitri asked quietly.

Thomas softly spoke, "She's listening, searching. Trying to find someone." He whispered.

"Oh and she-"

I turned and glared at the two of them watching them sink back into the corner quietly and apologizing.

It took three hours.

"He's close." I said softly.

Her child was young, barely a teenager by the sound of his voice.

Such an easy target and although it breaks my heart, I want my fucking daughter.

I let out a soft call of his name, and then slit my wrist letting the blood drip to the floor, "come eat." I said softly.

His foot steps grew our way.

Then he appeared, his scowl full and his eyes hungry.

Good boy.

"Come on..." I watched him step over and hesitate before he brought my wrist to his mouth.

Thatta boy.

Reaching through, I locked his neck up against the bars with my arm and held him close to my chest, "You psychotic raging bitch! Come get your fucking son!" I shouted furiously.

"He's looking real tasteful as of now!" I yelled loudly.

It took ten minutes and the boy fought and fought but I'm much stronger and quicker.

There she walked in, glaring at me and then horror in her eyes.

"Let go of my son." She said protectively.