Chapter 30: Im Back

I followed behind Thomas quickly as they brought him down and took him into one of the cells.

Everyone else was asleep and I begged that they be quiet about it.

Running out the cell block and up to my room, I passed Kai and pulled the pillow I've been sleeping on.

Going back down the steps, and ignoring Kai, I watched Lincoln walk in with two guards, "His car was where I thought it was. Here's his bag, they've already looked through it." He said shrugging and handing it to me.

Michaels bag.

I thanked him and headed down to the cells, Michael was heavily knocked out still.

Thomas was going to shut the door but I quickly snuck in and went to the stupid metal bed. I remember how uncomfortable these beds were.

Lifting his head up, I put the pillow down and put his head on it before I placed his bag down.

Running my hand over the side of his face, I couldn't believe it, I had Michael back. He's even growing some facial hair, he's got more muscle too. My goddess he's gotten a lot bigger.

I leaned down and kissed his forehead before going out the cell and stopping pulling the cardigan off, I laid it over him and headed out the cell.

Thomas locked it and looked down at me smiling gently, "He'll be okay Anne, I swear it." He cut his hand and I shook my head.

I'm not doing a blood oath over Michaels life.

That's idiotic.

"I'll take your words for it, dad." I said before looking back at Michael once more and then heading out to the hall.

He's back.

My Michael is back.

MICHAELS POV:

I'm back.

Fucking hell Im back in these stupid ass cells.

Shit.

Dropping my head back into the pillow, her scent engulfed me.

Part of me just stopped fighting the minute I felt her on me, it was like I wanted her, like I wanted this. Who was I kidding to think I could kill her? I can't even run away from her!

I ran my hand over my face and stared down at the cardigan that was filled with her scent.

Everything smelt of her.

I wasn't sure if I liked it or not.

The doors opened and I watched as Jolene walked in and stared over at me for a while, "Great to have you back Michael. I'll admit I was a bit surprised to hear you returned. Unlock his cell." She told the guard.

It confused me but I watched him unlock it and she gave me a soft smile. "Recently I brought over a witch, she's absolutely amazing with magic barriers. Her sisters put up some that I couldn't even get past." She was getting somewhere and I have a feeling it's about me not being able to get out.

She pulled the door open and stepped aside gesturing to my things, "Lets get you to your room." She said softly.

Doesn't she know I've been feeding for a while? I could kill her other students if I wanted.

Grabbing my things, I followed her and she walked with me down the hall and through the five doors, then the two left turns in the halls and there the wall was.

But how did she know about it?

I dreamt of it one night and gave it to Anne as a gift.

She looked to the wall waiting.

I watched as she glanced at me and waited a bit more.

Oh, I went to the wall and softly said the spell before it opened and she gestured for me to go inside.

What the hell is this woman up to?

I stepped inside and immediately felt it.

The barrier.

Fuck!

I fell for it.

She gave me a soft smile, "I'll let everyone else know you've run off. Anne was worried that the wolves or her friends might attempt to kill you because of your desire to do so to her." Jolene took a step forward and cocked her head.

Then she stepped inside and had the door shut behind us. "When Kilana was on her third try, your mother decided to give her a baby girl. Your mom created who Anne is, she chose every part of her by basing it off your likes. She made her just for you." Jolene's words took me back a bit, I can remember my mom doing spells but I never remember one that big.

She sat down at the steps and I placed my bag down along with Anne's pillow and cardigan.

"I was finally pregnant after so many tries, and Kilana was worried, but after Thomas and Kilana has sex, she did a spell and began arranging it to be your perfect girl. From the freckle on her left cheek, to the small crow shaped birthmark on her side." Anne has a crow shaped birthmark?

"Your father would've been a very great man had he been able to love Kilana instead. Not that your mother wasn't amazing, she was my best and oldest friend. She loved Kilana like a little sister and always left you in her care." She wiped a tear and I began realizing a lot of what I was told was lies.

One in particular made me curious, "My father said you lost the child in battle. That you were too stubborn to back out and lost your child anyways." It's what I had been heard but I wasn't sure I ever believed it. Knowing how Jolene is about Anne, I couldn't imagine her being that careless of her own child.

Jolene stared at me for a while before dropping her gaze to the roses, "Is that really what he told you?" She asked with pain in her tone.

I gave a nod and sat down at the bottom step looking over at her.

She shook her head, "Kilanas water broke and she was giving birth, the moment the battle broke out. I was trying to get her somewhere safe. She-well she wanted to see your father one last time." She said choking back tears, "She gave birth to Anne and we sent her with Killian to go back to the castle. Kilana was dying, and there was no saving her. My husband came and tried to get me to leave Kilana after she passed but I couldn't because-" she stared up at me worried.

She swallowed that worry down, "Because I knew what they'd do to her. I was right too. After my husband ran off to find help, your uncle Verin and two of your fathers loyal followers raped Kilanas corpse and then me but not before one killed my unborn child. I fought so hard to get them off her too, but they didn't care, they were monsters." I felt the vomit come up and pushed it back down.

They did that to Kilanas corpse? My uncle? I mean I always knew he was a shit head but that much? My dad would be furious if he knew.

Furious.

I watched as Jolene wiped a tear and then gave me a stern and long stare, "I believe you are more of your mother's family than his, and I hope that one day, you will be the light of the Nysrough name the way Nevana is." She cleared her throat, "There is no one I trust Anne with more than I do with you or her own father." She took me by surprise on that one.

She stood and stared to the open door in the back corner, "In there is a beast named Lauch, don't get too close, we haven't figured out what exactly he is." She eyed the door thoughtfully.

The beast Anne was thinking about, asking me about.

Jolene stood elegantly and gave me a small smile, "Protect Anne, that is your destiny Michael. You are not death and destruction, you are named after the angel the humans believe was Gods proudest angel. The angel which believed in man kind. Your mother picked your name, and damn did she do good. Don't upset her, don't let her down." She said before walking out and the wall shut behind her.

I was alone in the garden, well alone with Lauch, but all the information she gave me seemed to make this place so much more crowded.

If there's anything I learned from being here, it's that Jolene doesn't lie and would never put Anne in any danger if she suspected it.

Jolene knows I can't kill Anne.