Chapter 27: Little Shit Actually Did It

LILYS POV:

Going to the bedroom, I gave it a small knock and waited.

Nothing.

He did it.

I bit my lip and twisted the door knob opening the room door and going inside shutting it behind me.

His room was cleaned out and a simple note sat on the bed.

'My Dearest Imira,
I realized my affection towards you was ill
guided and in that, I have left to retrieve the gift that will bring you my forgiveness and allow you to provide me another chance.
With all the love, your prince, Michael Nysrough.'

The little shit actually did it.

I felt a smile grow on my lips and placed my fingers to my lips curiously before I left the note in its spot and headed out the room.

They thought they broke me, and it's exactly what I wanted to them to believe.

I've gotten more than enough information.

I headed down the stairs and to the basement looking to Lou, "Hey." I said smiling and watching him blush and get nervous.

Poor guy rarely gets any sleep.

He fumbled with his clipboard, "Hi Lilith, here to see him again?" He asked scratching his head and trying to avoid eye contact.

I gave a single nod and walked to the cage placing my hand against it as my heart struck.

It always does this, every time I come here, "How is he doing?" I asked watching as Kristoffer laid on the cement flooring with the IV lines hooked filling him with blood.

We didn't expect it to work since the vampires we tried it on all died.

"He will survive. As a direct descendant to Elvira Draconian, Israfel's protector, he will be risen amongside Michael when the war ends." Lou said proudly.

That's a huge reason Luscious agreed, apparently Kris is the direct line to one of the ancestors.

It's odd, we tried many vampires but they died because their bodies couldn't come back. It's like Kris was...enchanted...like he was protected or something.

I often wonder if Evangeline did it, I remember she spoke about spells the beginning of the semester.

Either way, Kris looked really good now.

He was looking just like his old self, a bit paler but his flesh was healed and his Auburn hair was covered in the dirt.

"Let me bathe him." I said thoughtfully.

Lou gave me a strange look, "He might hurt you Miss." He said softly, worried.

I shook my head, "He's too weak still. Give me the bucket and the soap. I'll take the cloth and scrub as well." I said watching as he nodded and left.

When he came back he handed me the bucket of water and soap with a wash cloth and a small shampoo bottle.

"You can leave us Lou." I said smiling and going to the cage opening it.

Heading inside, I shut it behind me and watched Kris slowly open his eyes and stare at me.

He was too weak though.

I moved and took a seat behind him keeping my legs on either sides of him and pulling off his shirt.

He limply laid against my chest and I reached into the bucket taking the scrubber and washing off his body.