2

"Emma? Your back"

"Ow thank god. I thought you forgot me then" I sigh in relief as I let out a big breath.

"Of course not" Regina replied as she pulled me and Freddie into her arms. She squeezed us before letting go. "Were you pregnant when you left" Regina asked now looking down at my stomach confused.

"Yeah but I left before anyone knew about it. I was only a month" I replied quickly while looking down at my bump.

"Who's the father" she asked looking back up with a smile at me now.

"Fred" I replied awkwardly that she didn't guess. Regina looked at Freddie very confused. "Not him. His dad. Remember I named him after his dad" I quickly say to reassure her my son didn't get my pregnant.

"Ow yeah. I remember. Sorry I got confused then" she says looking down embarrassed.

"It's fine" I replied softly as I lifted her head up to look at me. Dam I knew this would happen. I fell back in love. I sucked up my feelings and let go of her chin. "How you doing"

"I feel fine. This doesn't cause me any pain" Regina replied still smiling sweetly at me. She looked across at Freddie and then back up at me. "Do you guys want to come in? I think we need to talk"

Regina stepped out the way to let us in. Me and Freddie both walked into the house. Regina closed her front door and stepped closer to me.

"Mummy? I can't find... Emma? Freddie" Aubrey says as she came running down the stairs and saw us.

"Hey sweetie" I say smiling down at her.

She ran over and hugged me tight. She then moved to hug Freddie even tighter. Monica came into view and smiled at me.

"About time you got here. Wouldn't you say" she smirked with a chuckle at me.

"You called her" Regina questioned as she looked round at her.

"Yep. Rey. Freddie. Let's go get lunch. Them two need to talk" Monica replied as she walked toward Freddie and put her arm around his shoulder.

Before we could say a word the 3 left the house. I looked round at Regina who stood awkwardly at me.

"Do you want a coffee" she asked slipping her hands into her back pocket.

"Yeah thanks. Do you want me to make it" I politely asked walking towards her.

"No it's fine. Just umm... how do you have it" she questioned looking down as if she was embarrassed.

"Black. One sugar. Come on. I'll make it" I replied as I led the way to her kitchen.

I heard her follow behind me. I went to her coffee machine and got a cup from next to it. I started making myself and Regina a coffee. I then felt her arms around my waist from behind. I stiffened a little as she held my body close to hers and tight in her arms.

"I'm glad your home. I'm so scared. I don't want to die" Regina said with a cracked voice.

I held her hands and gently lifted them off my bump so she let go of me. Regina stepped back and pulled her arms down. I turned around and pulled her back into a hug. She instantly rapped her around me and held me closer. I placed one arm around her upper back and the other on the back of her head.

"It's going to be ok" I softly reassure as I slightly swayed side to side.

"I don't want to forget. I only have 2 years left to live"

"I thought this takes a long time for you to completely forget and... well you know" I replied as I pulled away a little to look at her confused.

"The minimum is usually 4 years. They think I've had it for half a year and just never noticed. Because of all my stress since I was 15 they think it has affected all of this and I won't make it past 2 years" Regina says as she pulled out my arms and looked down at the floor.

"It's going to be ok. I'm going to be here for you the whole way. I promise" I say as I held her arms in my hands.

"I'm so sorry. I never meant to hurt you" Regina apologised as she held my cheek in her hand.

"It's fine. Don't worry about it" I replied as I turned around to finish making the coffees.

I made both of them and put one in front of Regina. She took a mouthful and smiled at it.

"I forgot how much I like coffee" she says as she stared down into the cup.

"Glad you like it. So how much do you remember" I asked sitting down at her island.

"I don't know. I have no idea what I'm forgetting. I notice it sometimes but who knows what I remember. Monica asks me questions now and then to see what I've forgotten" she replied sitting in front of me.

"Do you remember your middle name" I asked to see how much she has forgotten.

"Jane" She says sounding like she was asking.

"Asking or telling"

"Telling I think"

"Yeah it's right. Do you remember my middle name" I asked with a slight smile.

"Umm... Emilia? Yeah. It's Emma Emilia Swan" she replied really thinking about it.

"Good. What's your dads name"

"Umm... err... it's umm... I don't know. Shit. I don't know" Regina worriedly says as she looked up at me.

"It's ok. It was Charles. Regina you alright" I asked placing my hand on her shoulder.

"I forgot my own dads name. How could I forget that? I go to his and mums grave every Sunday and talk to them" Regina replied as she started shaking a little.

"Regina calm" I start.

"I got to go to the doctor. I need to talk to her. My car is at the garage. Can you drop me" she asked as she looked at me with fear in her eyes.

"Ok but only if you calm down"

Here's the irony in what I just said. I'm shitting myself and I'm telling her to calm down. This is going to be crazy. The next two years will break me and Freddie and Monica and Aubrey. It will break everyone and in time Regina won't even remember she is forgetting. I'm not ready for this.