18

Special chapter. Regina's pro

It's a week later. I'm led in my room looking at the ceiling. Waiting for a specific phone call. I've been waiting for it all week. Finally my phone started ringing. I answered it knowing it's my doctor.

"Hello" I say quickly since I'm nervous.

"Hi Miss Mills. We have your test results back" the doctor formally said.

"And" I asked not able to tell by her voice.

"I think it would be best if you'd come here and we talk" she said scaring me to the core.

"Ok. I'll be there soon. Thank you" I replied trying to act calmly.

The doctor hung up. I was just sat looking at the ceiling worried. What if I'm dying faster? What if I'm dying really slowly? What if it's painful? I can't help thinking the worse. I sat up and climbed out of bed. My door then opened.

"Did the doctor call" Monica asked in the doorway.

"You know I could have just been naked right and you still walked in" I questioned looked confused at her.

"Shut up. Did she call" Monica sighed walking over to me.

"Yes. I'm going down there now" I say walking to my door. I slipped my stilettos that went with my outfit. "Can you watch Rey" I asked now putting my coat on.

"Sure" Monica replied as I walked passed her and out the room.

I left the house fast. Kissing my daughters head good bye as I passed her. I drove to the doctors. The whole way overthinking everything. I know it's something bad. It has to be. While driving my phone rang. I used the Bluetooth in the car to talk.

"Hey" I answered not focusing properly on who called.

"Hey. Where are you" it was Emma.

"Driving to the doctors. They got my tests results" I replied a little happy it was Emma.

"Don't overthink Gina. It will be ok" she quickly said knowing I'm freaking out.

"Thanks. What you doing today" I asked trying to think of something else.

"Just going to the coffee shop with Freddie and Barney" she replied sounding like it wasn't a big deal.

"I hope you have fun. Em I'm really nervous. I remember the first drink you ever ordered when we went to that coffee shop for the first time. I shouldn't remember that still" I say now starting to think about what I know.

"I don't even remember that. Look Gina it will be fine. By the way I need to tell you something when you get home. I've been told I'm not allowed to keep it a secret anymore" Emma says with a sigh at the end part.

"Just tell me now. It will take my mind if this" I say hoping she just tells me now.

"Fine. Barney isn't just an old friend. He's my twin sisters husband" Emma said awkwardly over the phone.

"How? What" I asked so shocked right now at what she said. I never new this and I'm just shocked. "You have a sister"

"I did. She died when we were 20. I never told anyone about her. A few days ago I told Freddie and now you know. That's it. Barney was married to her for a year before she was murdered" Emma softly replied sounding like she was upset.

"Ow Emma. I'm so sorry. That must have been hard" I say shocked at all of this. "Why did you never tell me"

"I didn't want to. It was a part of my life I shut away because it was so painful. My sister was my best friend and always there for me. Loosing her broke me. I'm sorry I didn't tell you but Freddie said not to hide it anymore" Emma replied with a slight crack in her voice.

"Don't be. I know how hard it is to admit things. How did she die" I asked hoping it wasn't rude of me to.

"Someone murdered her. It's what made me become a detective in the first place. She always told me things happen for a reason. I guess her death was for me to be a detective. I don't know" Emma sighed making me realise she doesn't want to talk about this.

"We don't have to talk about this. Em you alright" I asked softly.

"Yeah I'm fine. I just needed to tell you" Emma said with a slight chuckle.

"Alright good. I'm at the doctors now. I do have to go" I say as I start to park my car.

"Call me when you find out" she quickly said making me smile.

"I will. Thanks for being here for me. Talk to you later" I say chuckling a little at her.

"Bye Gina"

We hung up. I looked at the doctors building worried. My hands are shaking on the wheel. I really don't want to be told bad news. I took in a very large breath and slowly let it out. I got out the car and locked it. I walked into the building and went to the reception area.

"Hi. I'm here to see doctor Lisa Johnson" I say softly to the woman.

"Name please" she asked looking up.

"Regina mills"

"Yes she is waiting for you in her office. Go on through"

I walked through the double doors and found her room. I took a deep breath as I looked at the door. I knocked on the door and waited.

"Come in" Lisa said from inside the door. I walked in as she looked up. She smiled at me and gestured her hand to the chair. "Take a seat. I have something very big to tell you"

"Ow shit" I whispered to myself as I sat down.

"We got your test results back Regina. There very shocking" she said reading of a sheet.

"Please don't sweeten it or anything. I'm shitting myself about these results. Just tell me whatever it is" I quickly say trying to stay calm right now.

"Regina isn't not bad news. It's amazing news. We got it all wrong. Your suffering from temporary long term memory loss. You don't have Alzheimer's" Lisa said smiling brightly at me.

My mouth dropped. My eyes doubled in size. I didn't know what to say or do.

"What... I don't"