19

I was sat in the coffee shop with Freddie and Barney. We're laughing and talking but my mind is somewhere else. Regina was worrying so much it worried me. I hope she's ok. My phone then got a message.

Regina: are you at home???!!!

Me: no why???

Regina: wait half an hour then leave the coffee shop and meet me at your house...

Regina: please xx

Me: of course. Is everything ok? Xx

Regina: yes. Its fine. I just need to talk that's all xxx

Me: alright I'll see you in half hour xx

I slipped my phone into my pocket. I looked back up at them who both were talking. My mind was on Regina more. I know she said she's fine but that first message scared me. I'm worried now.

"Mum you alright" Freddie asked pulling me from my thoughts.

"Yeah. I have to leave in half an hour. Regina really wants me to meet her" I say looking up at them. I tried to take my mind off everything. "What we talking about"

"I have to leave tomorrow. My oldest daughter said my wife isn't very well and they asked me to come home a week earlier" Barney replied a little disappointedly.

"Awe that's a shame. I hope she gets better soon" I replied not too happy he's leaving early.

"How long were you married to Layla" Freddie asked curiously as he only found out a few days ago about my twin.

"A few years. She was amazing. I was so in love with her" Barney replied with a chuckle and a smile.

"You loved her Freddie. The pair of you would have gotten along so well if she was here now" I say smiling across at my son.

We talked for half hour before I left. I drove down to my house thinking about what Regina could be saying. I didn't know if it was good or bad. I'm actually a little worried. I arrived at my house and quickly got out. I unlocked it and closed it. I turned around and walked down the hall.

"Regina" I called out not sure if she's here.

"Lounge" she called back out making me smile.

I walked into the lounge to see all the lights off and the curtains shut. Candles lit the room up from all around. Red roses with lilies were all around the room. On the floor was a path of rose petals. The trailed to a pair of feet in stilettos. I followed up the perfectly shaped legs knowing instantly who they belong to. My eyes continued up the curvy and amazing body until it got to her face. Regina was stood there smiling softly at me with a hand filled of roses in her hand.

"Regina wha" I start.

"Let me explain. I got my test results back. I don't have Alzheimer's. They made a mistake. I had temporary memory loss. It's going to all come back within a year or two" Regina said smiling brightly at me.

"That's amazing!" I say stepping forward to congratulate her. I then stopped remembering everything around me. "But what's all this about"

"I need you to know this. I'm going to say it once and if you don't and say no then I'll never bring this up again. I promise. If you do and say yes I'll tell you everyday" Regina said as her smile grew on her face.

"Regina what are yo" I start.

"Let me finish please" Regina cut in quickly. "This is the last thing on my list of things to do before I die. My final thing was to admit my feelings for you. Emma I'm in love with you. I have been since the day we met. I know this is crazy but I'm so in love with you that I know I want to do this. If you say no I'll never ask again don't worry" she says stepping closer to me and holding my hand.

"Regina what are you" I asked having no clue what she can possibly be doing right now.

"Let me finish" Regina cuts in again. "Don't hate me for this. I know it's a long shot" she softly said still smiling brightly at me. Regina placed the roses in her hand on the coffee table. She held my hands and went down on one knew. "Emma swan. I was so scared I'd die that I shut my feelings for you out. Now I'm not I can't shut them away anymore. So... will you do me the honour and love me forever like I know I will" her eyes tears up but she kept them in and continued. "Will you marry me"

I'm in shock. I never thought this would happen. I'm so overwhelmed that Regina is not dying. I was so shocked by all this that I just remembered she's not dying. I then realised what she just asked me. I looked down at her and she was smiling up at me. That's when I knew my answer.

"I never thought I'd see you on one knee with a wedding ring" I say with a chuckle making her chuckle.

"Me neither" she replied laughing.

"Regina we went through so much over the years... and yet I still can't shake my feelings. I love you so much Regina and I want to tell you every single day how much" I say smiling down at her. I went down on my knees still holding her hands. She was smiling at me and now starting to let her read escape. "So my answer is... yes. Yes I will marry you" I answer making her some how smile even more.

"You really will" Regina asked placing her hands on my cheeks.

"Of course" I replied now starting to tear up as well.

Regina leaned in and kissed me softly. I moved her hair behind her ears as I cupped each cheek. We both deepens the kiss as we were close to each other. Regina's arms moved around my neck as she moved closer. We slowly pulled away and looked into each other's eyes.

"Is this really happening? Finally are we doing this" Regina asked as she started smiling.

"Yeah. We are" I say shocked but so happy.

"Sorry if this is a bit much" Regina said looking around the room.

"It's perfect. I love it. Thank you. Never thought you'd be the romantic type" I say chuckling and making her laugh.

"I'm not... but I love you em" Regina said smiling softly at me and holding my cheeks in her hands.

We moved back in and kissed again. Slowly and passionately. Nothing has ever felt so natural or so amazing. I kept her close to me as I kissed her. She's perfect and I love her. We finally pulled away for air and locked eyes.

"I love you too" I say smiling softly at the gorgeous girl in front of me.

...