Chapter 5

Me and billies kiss kept replaying in my head and I don't know if it was because her lips were soft or because she tasted like mango which was my favorite fruit or because she was dating my best friend or because I felt something when she kissed me. There was no way in hell I was going to do that to Ashlee so I ignored it and Billie needed to do the same. The day went by fast, I met up with Kayla and messed around with her a bit that night and finally it was Saturday night but Saturday nights meant I was dragged to a party with ash and that's where we are now. I am sitting in a hammock while she played beer pong with some friends. When I was looking at her I saw Billie cover her eyes happily and turn her around and smile at her like she was the entire world. Ashlee smiled at her and yelled "baby" while she embraced her and connected their lips. I finally looked away and looked at the sky "look at you being antisocial" Kayla said she handed me a cup "don't worry it's mango orange juice I know that's your favorite" she said I smiled at her and scooted over so she can sit next to me "so you and Billie huh?" She asked "no" I said "I saw you kiss her Friday afternoon" she said I sighed and laid my head on her shoulder "she's dating ash I can't do that" I said "I know you can't but you like her you can't change that" she said "I'll get over it" I said "come on let's go dance" she said pulling me up and spinning me around to the beat of the song. I felt a pair of eyes linger on me and I looked over and saw Billie watching me as she drank a beer "she's staring" I whispered to Kayla "don't freak out" she said as we continued to dance.

By the end of the night Ashlee was sleeping in my backseat and a slightly tipsy Billie was sitting in my front seat as I drove them to Ashlee's house "I can't stop thinking about you" Billie said to me "shut up she's in the car" I said "she can't hear us John legend is blasting through her AirPods right now" she said "stop thinking about me" I told her "I cant" she said "this isn't gonna work okay Billie? You're with my best friend and I would be a horrible person if people found out I was totally into my best friends girlfriend" I said avoiding her eyes as we stopped at a red light but it didn't help much because when u met her eyes we just kisses instantly and hungrily like we both wanted to do it for a very long time. We only separated when the car in the back of us honked and we didn't talk the whole way there. When we arrived Ashlee walked inside and up the stairs of her house drunkenly and explaining to us how she really loved curly fries. I turned to look at Billie "make sure she has coffee in the morning or she'll be bitchy" I said I walked towards the door but she connected our lips again and pinned me against the door lightly "stop Billie" I said pushing her off of me "don't act like you haven't enjoyed it" she said "I have and that's the issue" I said.