Chapter 17

Graduation day was miserable, I said goodbye to all my friends and it hurt when I saw Billie and the junior Lani leave the auditorium with a smile on their face. "Hey she's an idiot" Ashlee said before wrapping her arm around my neck "cheer up where you're gonna live is gonna be dope and I'm going over in 2 weeks" she said I smiled and hugged her "honey your stuff got sent this morning our plane leaves in an hour so we can catch our reservation with Mark and his parents and I had your number changed like you asked" my mom said I smiled at her and thanked her while I said goodbye to my dad "hey ash drive me to the airport?" I asked and she nodded "see you at the airport mom" I said while she got in the Uber. Me and Ashlee blasted music on the way there and she officially deleted my Instagram and Twitter so I can "start fresh". When we got there I hugged her goodbye and got in an airplane with my baby brother and my mom. Leaving half of my heart in the hands of someone new.

Billies pov
I was sitting at my graduation lunch with my brand new girlfriend who my parents absolutely hated and my parents who were little to say pissed. I started to think about Divine and my eyes started to water "I have to catch her" I spoke up my mom smiled and tossed me the keys "Billie I swear If you walk out of that airport were done" Lani said but I didn't listen. I ran out the door and got in the car. I drove super fast all the way there and didn't bother to park the car instead I left it in the front and ran inside I saw Ashlee looking at a big window "don't tell me I'm too late" I said "if you run maybe you can catch her" she said. I ran towards the gate that had the big words of Las Vegas on them. "Ma'am you can't get in the plane it's already leaving" she said "please that's the love of my life I can't let her leave" I said but the lady just gave me a sad smile. The drive home was sad very sad. Happy endings don't exist and I had to accept that after I had no way of texting her or seeing her again.