chapter one

Now that I am done with grammar and all that, I'm going to attempt to change the plot of this cliche book

Wish me luck :-)

I've been alone for at least a month by now. I lost track of time when the end of the world came.

I was at school when the government lost control, and all hell broke loose. My home room teacher took us outside and dismissed us.

That was the last time I ever saw another living soul.

My family only consists of two people, myself, and my mom, Andrea. She is my best friend, and I lost her due to the chaos of the apocalypse.

She was on a road trip with her sister when the end of the world came. I haven't seen her since the week prior to the apocalypse.

Right now, if I am going to survive, I need to get going, so I am packing my things and I am heading south, because all of the people who are still alive are going north, and where there are people, there are walkers, so, I'm heading towards Atlanta, so I can try and find my mom.

Besides, there is supposed to be some kind of refugee center there and I could take supplies from it. The center is probably overrun, and the only guns there will probably be out of ammo, but it's worth a shot.

On my way there, I found a horse I could use. I think about my mom sometimes, and all of her struggles she has had to overcome, one of those struggles being me.

I was born on July 17, 1999 and my mom used to say that I was a blessing. She was in college when she got pregnant by my 'dad' and then my 'dad' skipped town after my mom broke the news to him. She said since she was only in college, she wasn't as smart as she is now and she only had two names for me, if I was a boy, Charles, and if I was a girl, Destiny.

It turned out that I was a girl, and ever since it's always just been me and mom and mom and me, and sometimes Amy. Amy is a lot of fun. She is so immature and she believes in magic and dragons and mermaids, the list goes on and on.

I miss my family.

I reach just outside of Atlanta, and I spotted a group before they spotted me. It is so stupid of them to be right outside of a most likely walker infested area, so I eventually decided they weren't a threat, and asked them what the hell they were doing.

"We have a visitor!" an old man said. He was wearing a tattered, old boat hat and he was sitting on top of an rv.

"Let me talk to her Dale." A woman's voice called out. There was something familiar about it.

"Mom?" I screamed pushing all of the survivors out of my way so I could get to her.

"Destiny!" My mom screamed back repeating my motions.

"I missed you so much mom." My eyes began to water as soon as my head was on her shoulder.

"Aunt Amy!" I yelped as soon as saw her. She ran over to me and my mom, and we had a family hug.

"Destiny! It's so good to see you!" She hugged me back and then I let go to realize we were in big danger.

"Wait, why are you guys outside of Atlanta? When there could be thousands, or even millions of walkers inside of it?" I asked, feeling anxious to leave.

"Destiny, the camp was blown up, people were dying in there and the walkers are probably all dead."

"It was?" I asked.

"Who are you?" I heard a voice ask.