chapter seven

Carl

"Welcome to the CDC." The guy who was talking had a gun in his hand, and he had a lab coat on. Instinctively, we all ran in. He shut the door, and he took us into an elevator.

"You look so scary!" He said, and my cheeks got pink and rosy. Destiny was chuckling so low that only I could hear. Then, the ride finished and we were underground.

"Are we underground?" Carol asked timidly.

"Yes, we are, are you okay?" The man asked.

"Oh I'm fine, just a little claustrophobic." Carol replied.

"Try not to think about it. I'm Edwin by the way, Edwin Jenner. I work here at the CDC. We have more than enough room, but most of the housing is closed down, couches are comfortable and there are some cots in storage. Oh! And we have a rec room for you kids. Showers are available and working. Please go easy on the hot water." Edwin explained.

"Hot water?" Glenn asked. Then we all started laughing.

Destiny

Rec. room? Hell yeah. There was PAC-man and other assorted video games. But the scientist dude is a freak about power and we aren't allowed to play them. Carl was just murmuring to himself and I hate Sophia, so I went to take my shower. Showers, the simple things in life we took for granted and now there are no more showers, but here I am, taking one.

I take off all of my clothes and I turn the knob to extra hot. The water is running really fast and it burns me. I flinch at first, then I get used to it and I relax. I start singing.

"One Two Three One Two Three Drink, One Two Three One Two Three Drink, One Two Three One Two Three Drink, going back, the light don't shine. I wanna swing from the chandelier from the chandelier," Then, I look in the mirror and I see, Carl. Staring at me. Naked.

We are alone.

All alone.

Alone.

I step out of the shower and I walk towards him, still naked.

"What the hell are you looking at perv?" I said, beyond pissed.

"I-I." He said, stuttering. I try to talk but I am blocked. From something against my lips.

It.

Was.

Carl.

I pushed him away, and he looked back at me with a look of disappointment, but I kissed him and he kissed back.

"Finish your shower! Who are you? Lady Gaga?" Carl asked sarcastically.

"You wish!" I hop back in, but I take hold of Carls shirt and I pull him in as well.

"Might as well get your clothes off, you are in a shower." I say, with this seductive voice.

Aria, get your horny ass out of the shower

"Oh my god." He said, laughing as I pushed him back out.

"Carl." I say.

"What?" He asks, turning around.

"Try to walk in on me again and I will personally slap you." I threatened, he gave me this look of amusement before saying, "It'll be worth it!"

Fuck him.

Damn it I'm back to liking him. Fuck. I told myself this, I knew I was right. I jump out of the shower, put on a robe, and I put my clothes back on. An All Time Low muscle tank with faded blue booty shorts. I comb my hair and I walk in the rec. room. I see Carl, shirtless. But he has nothing. I was very disappointed, so I just walked by as if it were nothing and I headed to dinner.

I see everyone sitting there and laughing. They were all drunk, so I took a Summer Shandy, opened it, and I took a sip. Edwin was sitting all alone, so I sit by him.

"Thank you for taking us in, we would be dead right now if you hadn't." He gave me a half smile and said thanks but he still seemed distant, then Carl walked in.

Dale started talking, "Kids in France have wine, even in Italy!" He was trying to coax Carl into drinking alcohol.

"I already took my half Lori!" I said, drunk too. I felt numb but under control, it felt great.

After awhile she said,"Alright." She let Rick pour some into his glass. He drank some and spit it out.

"Come on worm!" Then he gave me a glare and he chugged the rest.

Then Rick started to speak,"I don't think we properly thanked our host." We all said thanks and we went to bed. Then, Carl came behind me and he slipped me a note.

Meet me in the Rec. Room in five minutes. It was 7:24 right now, so I went and I ran to the rec. room. What I saw was unimaginable, and Carl wasn't even there to see.