chapter six

Destiny

"Rick! We have to get inside!"

"I don't want to die out here! Not now!"

Four Hours Earlier

"Carl!" I screeched, Carl had stolen my shoe and he threw it into the bushes by the gas station we were currently at.

"You should probably go get that," Carl said as if he had never thrown it in the first place.

"I hate you! There could be a walker there you know," I said, scared to wander away from the group alone in the woods.

"Come on, I'll come with you," Carl said. I felt relieved, but I still was angry at him for throwing my shoe.

We walked over to the bushes, Carl guarding me and me getting my shoe. I looked through three bushes, and I still couldn't find it.

"Carl! Which bush did you throw it in?" I asked, now annoyed at the fact that I can't find my shoe and that I was barefoot.

"I can see it Destiny! It's right there," Carl exclaimed. He pulled out my shoe from the first bush I looked in. We both leant in to grab it, and our heads bumped as a result.

"Ouch!" I exclaimed.

"You have a big head," Carl said, now chortling. I started laughing with him, and then we both heard a rustling of leaves.

"What was that?" I whispered to Carl. Carl looked at me with his eyes wide, and he cautiously picked up a sharp stick. I indicated to the stick, and mouthed what are you doing? But he put his finger over my mouth to get me to quiet down. He looked around, unsure of what he was doing, and decided the coast was clear. I sighed in relief and put my shoe on, and I said, "Let's get out of here," and we both left the area.

When we walked back to the gas station, Lori ran up to Carl and smothered him in a hug. "Why did you leave Carl? Where did you go?" She asked, bombarding him with questions.

"Mom, it's okay. Me and Destiny just went to look for her shoe.

Lori gave a disappointed look towards the both of us, and we put our heads down. "You guys both have to be careful out here, Destiny, I know you have experience on your own, but you're still just a child. You can't take care of yourself yet. And Carl, you have no experience whatsoever, so expect to be punished next time you go out of my eyesight, do you both understand?" Lori asked, finishing her lecture. Tears were gently falling down my face, and I nodded and ran to go find Andrea.

"Andrea!" I cried out. Andrea turned around from talking to Jacqui and T Dog, and she stood there while I wrapped my arms around her waist. "I'm so sorry Andrea, I didn't mean to go off with Carl, I was just looking for my shoe. I'm sorry and I won't do it again, I promise!" I sobbed. Andrea rubbed circles on my back and said, "It's okay Destiny, I trust you, but never wander too far off, but why are you still crying?" Andrea asked.

"L-Lori said I was inexperienced, and that it was wrong for me to go find my shoe," I said, sniffling and drying my tears.

"Lori said that? Well it's okay sweetheart, don't worry about what she says, you are my daughter, and she had no right to scold you like that, you don't have to cry sweetie," Andrea said softly; her words comforted me, and I gave her a hug.

"I think we're leaving soon, meet me in the RV in five, okay Destiny?" Andrea asked.

"Yeah, I'll be there," I obliged. I looked around the gas station, seeing if I left anything behind, and I found my drawing. It was awful, but I love the horse like I love Amy. I kissed the drawing, and I let it fall to the ground. I heard the RV beep, and Andrea say, "Destiny! Let's go!" And I broke into a full sprint towards the RV. I went inside, and we started again for the CDC.

Three Hours Later...

We arrived at the CDC a couple hours after we left, we were forced to leave Jim behind, but he left peacefully, I'm glad I didn't see him turn like Amy did.

The sun was going down, and walkers were starting to come out from the front yard of the CDC. The group started shooting them, one by one, and we made our way to the front door.

"Rick! We have to get inside!" Lori screamed.

"I don't want to die out here! Not now!" T Dog bellowed. I started sobbing, I just got my mom back, I didn't want to leave her now.

"Andrea!" I screamed. Andrea shot a walker, and she ran towards me.

"Sh, Destiny it's okay, it's alright to let go," She started, then she started crying with me, "I-If we leave this world today, we could be with your grandma and your grandpa and Amy, i-it will be okay Destiny," Andrea said, comforting me.

"I love you Andrea," I said, my voice quivering.

"I lo-" Andrea began, but she was cut off by Rick, "The camera, it moved," He shouted, I looked at the camera. He was right, it did move. Someone was watching us and not helping us.

"Please, let us in! We have more to live for than this," Carol screeched. The walkers were getting closer. They were stumbling ten feet away from us. It was too late, we made too much noise. Then, the doors open.

"Welcome to the CDC,"

This is taking a long time, yikes

I hoped you liked the chapter, I will remind you all again to try and not read ahead,

I know it's very tempting, but it is not what will happen to Destiny and Carl, I am rewriting the entire book, so it will not end with them getting married like it originally ended. That was cliché.

Also, please bear with me, I am a slow writer and it takes me awhile to think of what will happen.

I also think I might leave some characters alive that were originally dead, I think it would add some conflict and idk, I'm also changing the plot of the episodes slightly.

Thank you!

Maeve