chapter three

Destiny

It was getting darker when I realized I was sitting next to Carl that night. I chuckled at the thought. I liked the fact that he asked me, not the other way around.

Suddenly, the only other girl my age besides Sophia comes up to me. I'm pretty sure that the girl and Sophia are best friends, but I could be wrong.

"Hi, I just wanted to talk to you in person and welcome you to our group, so welcome to our group!" The girl who is friends with Sophia exclaimed, and I replied with a simple hello.

Something told me that was not what the girl was going to say, but I didn't want to seem rude, so I said "Is there anything else you would like to talk about? It's kinda awkward just standing here in silence,"

"Do you like Carl?" The girl asked quickly.

"Oh gosh no! I'm only nine, and he's already ten! I mean, there isn't anything wrong with an age gap, but I'm just not ready for dating," The girl said a quick 'okay' and then ran towards the camp. Once she left, I decided I would go to my tent and get ready for dinner.

Since this is really like a get together with the entire group, I decided to dress in different clothes to appear clean. I put on an Alabama Roll Tide t-shirt with tight faded blue jeans and granny boots. I put my hair in a quick fishtail and left my tent

When I came out of the tent, Carl was right there and he offered to walk with me to the fire-pit. I said yes, and we were on our way.

Andrea

I am stunned at how well my daughter gets around to making first-impressions; she never really had friends at her old school, she had me.

I guess I taught her well

I watch Carl and Destiny talk some more, and then I go back to preparing the fish.

Carl

Andrea was staring at me for no reason, I didn't do anything wrong. I guess she found out that I was sitting next to Destiny, but I made plans that I intend to not break.

"So, I might've gone all out on our little 'sitting'," I said in a nervous tone, I don't know what she thought of my little picnic.

"Might've?" She looked at me in awe. It really wasn't a big deal, I asked Sophia how to impress a girl, I guess she thought it was her because when she saw me sitting down Destiny and she looked confused, but not angry, she gives a smile and goes to get fish. The setup is very simple, just a plain blanket and a few flowers, but nothing much.

"I'll go grab dinner!" I said to break the awkward silence.

"Okay Carl, but come back! I'm starving!" Destiny said in a dramatic way, I chuckled to myself.

Third Person

Everyone was talking and finishing up their plates when Amy asked to use the bathroom. She stuck her head out and said,"Where the hell is all the toilet paper?" Then, all at once, walkers came out of no where. Amy was bit on the arm and fell to the ground. Ed was bitten too along with some other people. The remaining survivors hid in their tents.

Amy

It was all over. I knew that from the second I felt the walkers teeth on me. I started to cry and that's when at least five walkers came on top of me and bit off pieces of my arm, abdomen, legs, and neck.

I saw Andrea start to shoot them, but it was too late. She hovered over me and started crying. Then Destiny came into view. She fell to the ground, looking helpless, and started bawling. I told her to come closer and I said my final words. "Destiny, you are such a young and beautiful little child; I want you to grow up and know what it is like to love someone, be careful and don't end up like me. I love you so much, make me proud baby,"