chapter thirteen

Aria

It has been seven months since the farm has been overrun.

My mom and I were running away from the walkers when a stranger with a katana came and saved us. Her name is Michonne. She is the funniest person ever, but she was quiet and reserved at first. My mom has been sick for a while and we are staying at a bar.

"Michonne, when will we leave?" I asked.

"When Andrea is better." She replied.

"Who said I wasn't? I feel great!" Then my mom coughed.

"Michonne, we need to find a permanent shelter." I said.

"Don't you want to find the rest of the group Aria?" My mom asked.

"They are dead. All of our memories are gone, what's the point of even looking. Seven months have passed. We are going on the road or I'm leaving without you guys." I said flatly.

"Alright," said my mom, "let's go." Michonne didn't reply. We left our bar and we took our walkers and we left. We were on the road skidding rocks when we saw the helicopter in the sky. We followed the noise next to walkers. We are safe when we have Michonne's walkers with us, they disguise us. I'm not the same little girl from the farm. I'm cold now, from all of the sadness. Just keep pushing forward,I don't know what for though.

Maybe Carl is alive.

No he is not.

He is dead.

We were behind the bushes when a group of people with cars came. They had a big truck and heavy machinery. Michonne told us to wait and see what they do before we show ourselves. My mom protested, I haven't protested since I saw everyone at the farm. We stayed quiet, we saw them take knives and plunge them into the already dead people. This got me mad.

"Hey!" I said without thinking. I don't even care if I live anymore.

"Who are you?" They asked.

"None of your god damn business. Why are you stabbing them again? Are you sick in the head or what?" I said curtly.

"I'm puttin' them out of their misery." The guy said.

"They are already dead." I replied. Then, Michonne and my mom came out of the bushes.

"You don't know do you?" We shook our heads.

"No matter how you die, you turn." He said. I protested again.

"That's a load of bullshit." I said.

"We have a town a couple of miles from here, would you like to come?" Then my mom passed out. We took her to one of the cars Michonne and I sat with her. She was in and out throughout the whole trip to get there. When we did get there, it was beautiful.

It was heavily guarded by the walls. They opened the gates and let us in. We went to a big blue house. There was a nurse there. When she left, us girls talked and we decided to leave after the nurse came back. The nurse didn't come back, it was Merle?

"Hey y'all 'member me?" He asked.

"Yes, we do." I said flatly.

"Woah there young lady. What's up with you?" He asked again, asshole.

"We were traveling, we got to the CDC there was one guy, it blew up. Carl got shot, we ended up at a farm 'til it got overrun. That was the last time we saw the group." My mom said.

"How long ago?" Asked Merle.

"Seven months." Said Michonne.

"So the mute talks?" Merle could be funny sometimes, but it comes across as rude. Then the guy we saw stabbing the guys head this morning came in.