chapter twelve

Aria

I am really wanting to kiss Carl right now, I really do want to be together, but with romance, I'm not good with it. So I turn people away. It's not Carl, it really is me. I hope he knows that.

Right now though, I'm freaked out. I just killed a whole group of walkers I wasn't supposed to kill, and Sophia is dead. Sophia was pretty strong. I liked her for that, but she never liked me because of Carl. They were staring at Sophia, then at me. Rick and Hershel came into view and they dropped the walkers they were carrying and they ran to us. Hershel fell to his knees and Carol was balling. Daryl had her in his arms.

"What did you do?" Asked my mom.

"I helped us. I got rid of the danger and my anger. Shouldn't you be happy?" I asked.

"Mommy!" Beth screamed and she ran to a walker. She picked up the walkers head.

"Ah!" She screamed, the walker was still alive and trying to eat her. I grabbed my knife and I stabbed it in the head.

"You did this?" Hershel asked.

"Yes." I said loudly "If no one did, we'd all be dead now.

"I need to talk with Rick." He said quietly, then he left.

Rick

Do I think what Aria did was wrong? No, she was trying to protect us. Is Hershel most likely going to kick us out? Most likely, I have to see if I can talk him into letting us stay.

"Was that girl dangerous before all of this?" He asked.

"No, she wasn't, she is and probably always will stand up for what she believes or thinks. She is a naturally born protester. 's in her blood. She also will do anything to keep anyone she loves safe." I said. Not sure why I was standing up for her.

"I want her to leave. She is not safe and she kills." I was appalled. She is only Carl's age.

"Hershel, that is a scared child, you want to send her out there?" I asked feeling confident.

"I want her to be punished. She has to know killing ain't right. She just killed twenty one people in there."

"Hershel, you said that you saw the sickness happen on TV? It's been a long time since the cameras stopped rollin'. Those people, they aren't sick, they're dead. And if she leaves, we all leave and my wife is pregnant." He looked guilty.

"I don't feel safe with her here. Carl is almost up on his feet again. You will be fine, you have been out there before. I want you and your people gone by tonight." He said abruptly.

"Just, just think about it-"

"No more!" He yelled. "My conscience is clear." Then he left. It looks like we are going to be on the road again.

Maggie

Yes, Glenn did say he won't tell anyone. Did I expect him not to tell? Yes, but I knew he would anyways. I'm not that mad, but I'm still mad. Here comes daddy.

"Those people are leavin' tonight. I don't want them here with us anymore." WHAT?

"Daddy! Glenn is with them! I love him." Wow.

"You mean the Asian boy?" Racist.

"I'm leaving with them if you send them away." Threatening always works.

"Then leave." What?

"Daddy, please, at least let Glenn stay." I only want Glenn, although I will miss the others, I just want Glenn.