chapter four

Andrea

I wasn't taking Amy's death well, at all. In fact, I haven't even left my spot since. I have no idea what I am waiting for, I just know I have to wait. She's coming back, I know she is, she is coming back, and when she does, I'll be ready for her.

Then I looked over my shoulder at my daughter. My family that is still alive. I should just take care of her. All we have been doing was standing over Amy. Then, when I was about to get up, Destiny put a necklace on her. It was of a mermaid, her favorite mythical creature.

"I'm so sorry Aunt Amy, but I have to go back and take care of the rest of the group. I hope you understand." Destiny said softly. She was on the verge of crying but then she wiped up her tears and ran towards the tent.

Destiny

I just started running to the tent. My mom almost got up, but then looked at Amy and plopped back down on the dirt. I really don't blame her, if I had a sibling, I would never leave. I just had to go. I couldn't stand to see Aunt Amy like that. So I walked back in my tent and I started humming her favorite song.

Then, I stopped, I saw Carl just sitting behind bushes, listening.

Carl

"I'm so sorry, didn't mean to scare you there, you alright? I mean, is now a bad time?" I say, scrambling to find my words.

Destiny chortled and said, "No, no it's fine, but do you mind if I can be alone? It's a lot to take in, my aunt-" She begins, then she starts crying.

"Hey, shh. It's alright, you'll be okay, Destiny. You'll be okay," I cooed, holding her in my arms.

She starts to calm down, and she looks up at me and says, "thank you", and then we stayed like that for seemingly forever, and it was perfect.