Chapter 15

I edited this chapter to add something that will make more sense.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Leo found himself completely forgotten as Chris and Rey went on their date. Though, following two frighteningly good-looking people go on a date had several scenes that he wanted painted down and hung in the palace hall.

His favorite would be when the two were in the town square, the fountain in full works behind the two. Chris held Rey's hand very blatantly and took the simple yet elegant mask off, delighting in the pretty blush Rey had. The receding crowds all seemed to stop and stare before dazedly leaving, having forgotten what they were doing. Sunlight peered through the gaps and made the whole scene seem magical.

Of course there were others too, but what Leo couldn't fathom was that they ignored the him who was standing not even two meters away! He wanted to cry but also wanted to laugh.

Honestly, it was like they decided to stay in their own little world and ignore everything else. Chris, who should have common sense, was going to make rumors spread at this point.

Something like, "hey, did you hear? The crown prince is seeing a commoner! Oh, really? I bet that commoner used demonic rituals!" And so on so forth.

But seeing these two lovebirds made Leo feel like he should probably settle on someone. Soon. They were abusing his eyes with PDA.

In the corner of his eyes, he could see Two and Five coming back from their assigned job. It seems that Lily is distracted enough that whatever she was planning would be delayed at the very least until tomorrow.

Well then.

Leo did want to let the future queen—how he had absolute confidence in his brother to win him over was odd—have a good impression of him. So...

Didn't that Lily want to pursue him?

Haha.

Leo could treat her as another fling, one he especially wanted to be cruel with. But, he had a feeling that would end up horrible. The current king very much valued the only light magic user.

So, what could he do with her want to pursue him and his brother?

Hmm... choices, choices.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Alex would be lying if he said he wasn't worried.

His childhood friend had a crush. It was way too obvious. But with who? Were they only trying to get Rey because of how beautiful he looked?

If so, then Alex would not stand his friend being a trophy wife... husband...!(?)

So, he did the most logical thing ever, stalk the—illegally—beautiful people on their date. It made his eyes go red and tear up from the brightness and quite a few people stopped to ask him whether here was anything wrong.

F*ck! The two were already acting like an old couple!

Alex was itching rub his eyes, the brightness the pair emitted from the sheer power of their beauty was illegal! Illegal he says!

But watching them, it seems like the person on a date with his childhood friend was truly genuine to him and wanted to court and treat him properly—so... so! Alex should be the supportive friend he is and push there two together!

(Somewhere in the back of his mind, he wonders why the person Rey is on a date with looked somewhat familiar—as if he's seen him somewhere. But where?)

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Rey only realized that he had promised to go out with Chris again after a half an hour of screaming into his pillow at home. He suddenly realized that he hadn't seen Lily at all, isn't she supposed to be out of school for today?

He frowned and stood to go to her room.

"Lily? Are you there?" Rey knocked on the door and patiently waited.

No answer, but there was shuffling and the door was opened.

"What?" Lily bit out, glaring at Rey like he had murdered her family in front of her. He flinched and patiently asked, "How have you been? Sorry, I didn't see you when you came back, Chris had invited me out!"

Her glare turned harsher, it was almost cold enough to freeze hell with a single glance. "I'm. Doing. Very good. Big brother. Now excuse me, I will go to sleep."

The door was slammed close, their mother and father rushing to the sudden sound to see what was happening.

Rey chewed on the inside of his cheek, did he do or say something wrong?

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Lily's notes.

Love interest 1:
Christian Asturias, crown prince of Aqua
Cold, calculating, only opens up to people he likes.
*No progress
*Currently bewitched by "brother"
*Will gain affections through breaking the spell on him
*If not, then eliminate and proceed with Leo

Love interest 2:
Leo Asturias, the second prince of Aqua
Playful, flirty, playboy
*Progress has halted for unknown reasons
*Will gain affections by playing innocent
+Get rid of all past flings

Love interest 3:
Allan Valenrett, the duke's son
Mild, deceptively polite
*Tentative friends
*Gain favor just in case, no plans

Love interest 4:
Elroy Estcard, the general's son
Stoic, but as harsh as a marshmallow
*Classmates, has a good impression of me
*Gain favor just in case, no plans

Love interest 5/hidden love interest:
Espen Torres, prince of the Terra
Straightforward, honest
*Storyline hasn't progressed that far
*Gain favor just in case, no plans

Love interest 6/hidden love interest:
Aiden Gehennam, third prince of Ignis
Cunning, evil bastard
*Storyline hasn't progressed that far
*Gain favor just in case, no plans
+Don't! Mention! His! Brothers!

Love interest 7/hidden love interest:
Wyndham Zephyr, king of Ventus
Easygoing, cheerful
*Storyline hasn't progressed that far
*Gain favor just in case, no plans
+Safest hidden route, highest chance of doing

Two thumbed through the notes, her stomach dropping like a stone. She took it and immediately left to find the prince.

He needed to see this as soon as possible.

That bi—Young Miss Lovell was going to bring the end of Aqua if she was enabled even a little bit at this rate. Two would stick around—not to see it, but nip it in the bud.

Not even the king would be able to deny this evidence, not even he would be able or even want to protect her after this.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Hello, I am back with another update!
Ahaha. Oops? I reread the first thirteen chapters and realized that Lily had physically written down her plans.
Now what would happen if someone found it?
Including AN: 1046 words