Chapter 23

"When will you be free, Rey?" Chris asked, smiling at the other as he left the back to man the cashier. The black-haired teen answered, "After the morning rush, probably. But I'll have to be back by lunch."

Of course, Chris knew that, but for the sake of not being creepy, he asked anyways. Aiden, who looked like he was going to burst into tears after being called backto the bakery by another kingdom's prince, refused to look at anything other than the floor and shoes. That was fine.

Internally, he wondered, what the Ignis kingdom's reaction would be if they claimed to be holding their third prince hostage. It would probably be something that would dash Aiden's hopes even more and he couldn't find the heart to do it. Perhaps mother would do it if only to affect the enemy's morale a bit, but mother has always been slightly unpredictable.

Chris trusts her the most, nonetheless.

There is a pause and he checks the time, seeing it to be a suitable time, he drags the third prince of Ignis elsewhere, determined to turn the prince on his own country.

He wonders just how Ignis would react.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

In the fandom of the famous otome game that Rey and Lily had reincarnated into, there were quite a few open secrets.

One of them was that the stranger dressed suspiciously that the player encounters in castle grounds was actually Aiden Gehennam, the third prince of Ignis. Depending on which dialogue options you choose, you would be able to one: immediately die, two: nothing happens or three: unlock his route.

That is why Lily was furious when she found that she was unable to access palace grounds. The guards looked completely unrepentant, telling her coldly that the queen had ordered for them not to let any stranger in.

Lily, having been coddled by her family her entire life and with the arrogance of a transmigrator, immediately started threatening them with the fact that she was a light magic user and the king favors her and bla bla bla.

The guards were blank-faced the entire time, but which reader did not know they were suffering inside?

"What is going on here?" A cold voice comes from absolutely nowhere and Lily looks up to see the most gorgeous woman ever—except for herself of course—with a cold stare and impassive face. Her looks were reminiscent of Chris and Leo.

The guards immediately move and bow, shouting, "Your majesty!"

This...was this woman the queen? She certainly looked beautiful enough to have produced two horribly good-looking sons. Lily had half a mind to shout at the queen to let her in but then she remembered.

Another open secret of the otome game was that both Chris and Leo absolutely adored their mother the queen. If Lily was able to get this woman to like her, then Leo would stop ignoring her and Chris will finally let her talk to him! Not to mention that the queen holds immense power whether in court or as an individual, it would do her only good to be in her royal highness' good graces.

So Lily plasters on the sweetest smile she could and tells the supposed queen, "Your majesty! I'm a classmate of Leo's and have come to bring him his homework."

The queen gives her a once over and narrowed her eyes, barking out an order with a single word, "Name."

"My name is Lily Lovell, your majesty."

The queen gave her a once over, looking down on Lily because of her tall stature that Lily recognized as a Terra thing. "Lily Lovell? The light magic student?"