Chapter 29

Lily is rarely ever home ever since she had been accepted to the school, the holidays notwithstanding. It was to be expected, considering that the school provided a dormitory and was likely way better than her own room.

This is why it is rather shocking that said sister is here now and looking happier than ever.

Rey had to wonder if something happened. Maybe she got together with one of the love interests and was about to tell them? Well, Lily is more likely to not tell them, considering that she dislikes him...

...if Rey were to be honest, willful ignorance is a very nice thing.

He knew there was a love interest named Christian and that said love interest was the crown prince and had blonde hair and green eyes. He knew that Christian had a younger brother named Leonard, Rey just hadn't wanted to think it true.

Because if it is true then hadn't he taken the one his sister loves away from her? Lily has always talked about being queen and—

—and why should he be the one who surrenders to her again? Annoyance wells up in him, it's wrong Rey is sure that being annoyed at his sister for something like this is probably wrong but, if Lily wanted to be queen then she can go be queen of whatever kingdom would want her.

"Hey," Lily calls out and Rey smiles at her. "What is it?"

She shoves a piece of bread into his mouth, smiling brightly all the while. Rey blinks but accepts what he thinks is a peace offering and chews, finding an odd aftertaste to it. Did... she make this herself? That's oddly sweet of her.

...something is wrong with this. A faint feeling in the back of his mind says and Rey sees a vial of brightly colored liquid being slipped into Lily's pocket.

No way. No, no, no, but what Rey sees come out of his mouth is brightly colored.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

"Do you think I overreacted?"

She wanted to give you a poison. No.

"She's my sister! How can I call myself her brother while suspecting..."

It is fine for you to do so.

"No, it is not!"

Go to someone else. Talk to them and listen to what they have to say, because while I appreciate that you turn to me first, using so much magic at once in such small frequencies will hurt you in the long run.

"What?"

If you actively do this when your still tired then it will hurt you.

"But you used to talk to me all the time..."

Understand that the situation is different now, you no longer carry the same body you used to.

"...ah."

Leave before I force it.

"One last question."

What is it?

"What is my name?"

...your name—

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

There is a saying that Rey-Ieshige-they remember. No one else knew it and seemed not to remember it just moments after he says it.