Chapter 32

Sometimes, Astara missed the abilty to simply whip out her phone and take videos. No, what are you talking about, it isn't for blackmail or anything!

She wonders, if big sister can see the scene that is a battlefield, how would she feel?

Probably use it as proof that fighting is bad.

Reyham is rather horrible in that aspect, he will need to fix it if he wants to publicly marry Christian. Astara is sure that Christian would never want a pretty face as a figurehead partner and knows that he loves Rey.

Christian has the obligation to look after Aqua.

Therefore, if Rey is unable to convince the major populace that he would be a good spouse for their king, Christian will have to only see him in secret and publicly marry another woman.

Then there is the issue of heirs...

Theoretically, Leonard would be the answer to that. However, the king of Ventus will probably take him in... ugh. Well, worst case would just be the two of them adopting a child or two and saying that it was the previous king's...

...wait a minute! Isn't that baby from that one advisor still around? Or did someone kill it?

Whatever, if its dead then Chris will just have to donate some of his sperm or something. He won't even be there doing the impregnation! Hooray to that.

In any case, the easiest way to gain recognition from the people is to fight in the war and be exalted.

That or bodily stop the king from dying.

How annoying, Astara thinks and leisurely stops an arrow from hitting Elroy, letting it go back to where it came from and hearing a confused scream. Rey really needs to think about this, she should lecture him about it.

Christian should be the one telling him, but that guy is also an idiot who thinks he's smart. The former king had never even tried training his heir so this situation came about... just thinking about it gives Astara a headache, honestly. Her highness the queen better quickly cram everything into that guy's head.

If Rey becomes collateral damage she will flay him.

...eh, when did the fighting end? Damnit, she didn't even get to mutilate anyone!

Elroy is such a hassle, honestly. Allan owes her so much for this and he better be saving up for when she comes back. They had just taken over one of Ignis' bases and are now looking at the camp where the prisoners of war are.

The boy goes slack in shock and Astara forces his eyes open and head to take a good, long look at what Ignis is doing to their people.

(The next time he is on a battlefield, Astara is pleased to see him have no hesitation in killing anyone from Ignis. Finally, she doesn't have to pay attention all the time.

Finally, Astara can leave him and simply rip some people apart.)

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

A sword easily slices yet another—seven-hundred and thirty-ninth—wound on skin and the man screams and Rey—notReynotreally—smiles as he does. "Do you repent?"

"I do! I repent! Your highness, please, please forgive me...!" Tears, salty and seeping into the near bone-deep wounds. His voice hoarse and dying, "I'm sorry!!"

Rey—isitreally?—slowly blinks, seeing something and a humanoid being takes the sword from his hand. Slowly, he says with exhaustion and regret, "But you aren't sorry."

The man freezes and starts blubbering about how it wasn't his fault...

...and Rey—isitisithowcanitbe?—pushes the man onto a boulder with a flat top and bites out, slowly and with a burning vengeance, "For your treacherous actions upon the heavenly realm, you shall be tortured within the fires of the last circle of hell, with the metals of the human realms and by the angels of war of heaven."

"NO! NO, your highness please reconsider!" Rey—itsnot—doesn't look back.

"Your highness," the god of destiny matches his pace almost immediately. They look concerned, halting a motion of comfort because of their current position in front of the crowd and asks, "what are you going to do now?"

"Isn't that obvious?" Rey—nonono—asks and is surprised by how hollow he himself sounds.

The goddess of darkness and god of life are both waiting, the god of fate out of their critical condition and asleep to regain energy.

The goddess of darkness and Rey share a look and she smiles, shadows lapping at her heels. God of destiny takes one look at their expressions and realizes, immediately protesting, "Your highness this is a horrible idea!"

"No." He says, then, "I will be punished for escalating things to this degree and enabling a traitor of our realm even unknowingly. To be thrown into the realms of the humans, for two hundred consecutive years."

"I will make sure his highness is safe." The goddess of darkness easily agrees.

Rey—itcantbecanit?—then looks at the god of destiny and the entering god of bo—ehem, love. He orders, "The god of destiny and the god of bonds will be in charge for as long as the god of fate slumbers and I am not here."

The two of them give him looks but bow at the waist and answers, "Understood, your highness."

(The god of water walks away as quickly as he had come.)

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Upon waking, Rey's first thought was, 'I'm going to kill those two.'

He blinked, again, then wondered while grasping at what he remembers of the dream what anything had meant. That... wasn't a language he knew.

(Is it? Is it really? A voice in the back of his head doubts him. You talk using this language to them all the time!)

He... the one in that dream, at least, had tortured a man that had betrayed his kingdom? That was apparently heaven itself?

Yes, then, then...

Rey takes a deep breath, closes his eyes, and thinks, again, 'I'm going to kill those two.'

Clearly he had said that the human world thing is a punishment. He had very clearly and plainly told them that but, for some reason, in this life, a bunch of gods had given him their blessings.

He had to ask... someone. Astara, probably, how far in his "punishment" Rey is.

(Rey still doesn't remember very much, if anything at all. Just this small tidbit and he doesn't want to remember.

He had smiled while torturing someone.

That is enough to tell him what he used to be like.)

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

So. Um. I'm not dead, hi.

Words: 1095