Chapter 25

"Mother? Big brother?" Leo peeked into the main study room where the two people that were his mother and big brother were reading and signing paperwork.

Most of the complications come from making sense of their choice to blatantly ignore their king's order and make Chris the crown prince again and directly have him inherit the throne that was, as of now, empty. Mother was the regent and nobody has complained about that.

Then there was a how to deal with the pregnant woman he forgot the name of. The unborn child who currently held the title of crown prince because of their dearest father's muddled actions. Leo could only hope he repents in hell.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

Clang! The sound of metal clashing rang in the sparring area. Aiden gave his opponent no time to rest before unleashing a barrage of attacks onto him. His blood boiled, loving the feeling of a good fight.

The Aqua Royal Guard held up both hands, successfully timing out and immediately plopping into the grass.

"Your highness is really energetic today." He groans, closing one eye, the opened one's pupil darting back and forth to the right and back at Aiden. The prince hummed and winked, "Time's up! Come on, don't be lazy!"

He rushes at the guard before suddenly spinning on his heel and throwing a throwing knife at the assassin behind him, hiding. A gush of blood splashed onto the grass, dying it red. The closer Aqua Royal Guards came up to investigate which faction he belonged to before managing to take out a brooch with the simple symbol of fire.

A rush of sadness hits Aiden.

En. So this was what his family really thought.

Since he failed then they might as well get rid of him. Not a single attempt of rescue.

A spark quietly died and he suddenly collapsed.

/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\|/|\

The queen moved and the game was over.

"Checkmate," Astara quietly said, grinning. Shadows curled around Allan's neck and stroked his cheek lovingly, she cooed at the darkness as the tendrils gathered back into her shadow. He smiled at her, "I still have a lot to learn from you."

Usually, he would tell her, "I still have a lot to learn."

Her face immediately changed once more, darkness looming behind him and shadowing her expressions. Allan continued to smile. As expected, his sister was the smartest.

"Tell us," garbled voices came from the darkness as it slowly wraps itself around him. "What is it that you need, bond of blood ours?"

Allan continued to smile, not daring to relax his guard or wind blades. So cute, this sister of his. "Two, Elroy will probably be sent to the battlefield for merits and to prove his capabilities. As a strategist, I am unable to accompamy him on the field itself."

The darkness croons and drgas itself around his neck, loosening its hold ever so slightly. "You want us to protect your beloved."

"Its not a bad thing to do isn't it? And my sister can prove herself to be far more than worthy of the person she is chasing." He only dared use this as a bargaining chip because of their excellent relationship. Though, normal siblings probably don't have their lives on the line every time they ask a favor of one another. "She is unable to differentiate diamonds and rocks, I truly don't know why you chase after her."