17- Damage Control-17

"So what did the company decide to do?" Jisoo asked as Jennie walked out of the managers office, the look on her face setting the girls in a fit of worry.

"It's nothing bad" she quickly reassured them, but her face was still sad.

"Then what?" Rose questioned as Jennie sighed and sat down next to her.

"They want to do damage control. I have to pretend to be dating someone from the company for a bit to get S-Sehyun name away from the media since his lawyers are threatening to get her jailed for 'harming' him." Jennie said and all the girls slightly gasped, anger quickly fueling them.

"But that's bullshit! He fucking beat you!" Lisa shouted and Jennie nodded somberly.

"Yeah, while the company can do something about that, they can't do anything to help her if she gets in trouble. Se— he's really powerful. While he can't get to us, he can get to her. However, his dad isn't so happy with him so he can't touch her too much for anything outside harming him, but he does need a way to get his name off the news cycle. So while his name will be slandered, it won't be out that I was his girlfriend for a while, it'd just be out that I was his momentary hookup, of course said in better terms." Jennie continued to explain and the more she did, the more the girls felt angry and helpless.

"So to get that also under the rug, I'll be dating a company boy and going on cute dates with him until the media let's go completely of the situation." She finished with a sigh and Lisa let out an angry scream in the empty hallways, huffing a bit as she got up and frowned.

"You shouldn't have to date anyone or do any damage control for that asshole!" Jisoo said as upset at the rest of them and Jennie sighed.

"The thing is that I do if I don't want her to get any more involved" she Responded and at that, they all flattered a bit.

They didn't know the extent of power Sehyun had. They had only ever heard about him from Jennie and if Jennie looked as scared as she was, then what more could they do?

"Do you... really want to do this? Are you going to tell her?" Lisa asked softly now, staring at the girl who looked so down.

"I'm going to, and I can't tell her. She'd be thrown in jail if she found out she'd kick his ass" Jennie said, a soft giggle leaving her at the thought of how you'd fight for her despite being in a situation where she didn't need it anymore.

You were the one this time that needed the saving and after so much, this was the least she could do for you. And the girls knew this too so they just nodded, knowing that Jennie was right.

"We'll try and help as much as we can" Jisoo said and Jennie gave her a thankful smile.

She didn't know how this would go, she just hoped she could finally do right by you.

———

Kim Jennie's new boyfriend, Kai!

It appears as if one of the rappers from Blackpink has been spotted going on a date with one of Exo's members—

From behind you, Min Soo had gotten the controller to the tv of the cafe and turned it off, her face a bit pale as she looked at you worriedly.

The cafe was empty now, closing time bearing and most paparazzi having had gotten what they wanted, so now it was just you and Min Soo in an uncomfortable silence that had her skin bristling.

"Are you ok, Unnie?" She asked quietly, putting the controller down and setting her broom aside.

She moved to put a hand in your shoulder and watched as you jolted, almost as if startled from your thoughts.

It took you a moment to react and you had turned to throw a glance over your shoulder, giving her a small, closed lips, smile.

"I'm fine, she's my friend and she deserved to be happy"

And as you turned quickly to the counter to keep scrubbing at the already cleaned spot, something told Min Soo that was quiet true.