Its her

Like a second later I felt like I owed you guys an ending! Thanks for sticking around!

————————

You let out a soft sigh as you leaned on the countertop, watching the entrance of the coffee shop without interest.

3 months had finally passed of just blissful silence from both the media and the drama that had occurred and that had meant that all your business had dwindled as well.

For the most part you were glad that the reporters were gone, another part of you was sad that all your money went with it.

You stared at your clock for a minute or two, turned to look at your worker before clapping your hands and moving to go lock the doors and flip the sign.

"Let's go home, yeah?" You said to your worker, a quiet girl who was recommended by Min Soo, perk up from Washing the dishes, smiling a bit as she put the cup on the rack and grabbed a towel to dry her hands.

You watched as the girl went on her merry way, clocking out with a hurry and waving you goodbye as she walked out the door.

Despite the uneventful day, you could say you felt pretty content at the moment standing in the middle of your small coffee shop.

You watched with an ease as the sun started to set over the top of every building and a peace you haven't had in a while finally settled in.

You felt happy, beyond happy actually as you moved to your door with a bounce and locked it with a grin.

You felt the warmth of the sun settle on you as well as the cool breeze of the evening setting in, the cool grip of your handles as you settled into the seat of your motorcycle and slid on the helmet.

It was a warm content that spread through your entire body as you saw your apartment in view and you thought of the potential what ifs with a woman you loved.

You wondered if maybe you'd get to see her smile after a year. You wondered if you'd see her cry when you proposed. You wondered if she'd squeal at the promise of a home.

You wondered if she'd even want that really, because you'd be fine with anything she'd want. Whether it'd be a home to going around the world with her as she kept wanting to pursue her music.

Whatever it was, you know you'd follow her to the ends of the earth if she asked you.

"Welcome home"

You dropped your bag at the door after closing it and bolted to the sound of the voice, Jennie sprawled on your couch with your dog in her arms as she smiled at you from her position.

It was so domestic, so unbelievable that you could reach out to her and kiss her on the lips, that it almost brought tears to your eyes.

Instead of crying, you decided to do just that though, you sat down as she shifted to leave you space and ignored her complaints about the lingering smell of coffee beans on your uniform that made her nose scrunch cutely.

"Too many cliches, too much drama, all to get to this moment" you whisper to yourself as you brought your hand up to cup her cheek and feel her rest against your hold.

"I hope you don't regret it" she spoke with a teasing tone, but you could hear the underline worry with it.

Yet you had no doubt she saw the genuine  happiness that spread throughout your being as you grinned widely at her.

"Never, Jen, you're the one thing I would never see myself regretting" you confess as you leaned closer until your forehead was resting on hers.

"And what makes you so sure?" She asked, her breath fanning over your lips at the close proximity of the two of you.

"I've loved you from the beginning and even if it's not me, even if it is, I am sure that I would never regret loving you" you said and she pushed her lips against yours, a smile almost breaking the two of you apart as she shifted to get in your lap as you heard the soft whining of an unsatisfied pet scamper off despite its protest.

"You're so cheesy, it's really annoying" she said once the two of you separated, her arms loosely resting on your shoulders.

"Good, I hope it kills you" you tease as she peppers kisses over your face, before rolling off you to sit back on her spot as you whined.

"Go shower, you stink of a Caramel and coffee" she said and you laughed at the genuine distaste of her voice.

"Most people like those scent, Jennie" you said as you got up and she scrunched her nose again.

"Yeah, people who don't smell it everyday to the point it haunts their dreams" she whines a bit and you look at her fondly as she picks up your dog, perching it on her stomach as she settled in.

"Well, what does that tell you?" You asked as you moved to the door to retrieve your forgotten back and you could hear Jennie think as she let out a hum.

"That you work too much?"

"No, babe, that you spend too much time with me." You said and you could see her head pop up a bit at that, peering over the couch as you moved to the bathroom.

"Does that bother you?" She asked and you giggled slightly, shaking your head as you looked at her.

"Might as well move in, no?" You asked before finally getting into the bathroom.

A couple of minutes later your out, showered and smelling of lavender to see your girlfriend appear in front of you and wrap you in her hold.

"I love you" 

It wasn't the first time, it certainly wasn't the last, but it felt like it every time she said it.

It made you blush from head to toe as you stood a little shocked as to why Jennie was suddenly saying it.

"If we move in together, I'm totally adding more to your room" she said after a moment of you debating how to throw yourself out of your window in a thousand ways.

"Y-yeah, you can do that" you said after the initial turmoil left.

"Good, because it was looking sad with that single poster of BTS on your wall" she snorted as she let you go to see your flustered form gasp at her.

"How dare you! I'll have you know that it was the only poster I could bring from home! My room is a canvas of anime and K-POP-"

"Ok you loser, Im sorry i hurt your weeb pride." She said with a laugh as she once again drew you closer, a pout on your lips that she kissed away.

"I hope you don't regret moving in though, I am very obnoxious at 3 am particularly" you said, still wrapping your head around the fact she was promising a sight of a future with her.

"Like you wouldn't regret being with me, I wouldn't regret being with you. No amount of assholes I've dated, potential drama it may cause, or career can take that away" she assured softly and you stare at her for a second, unable to hide the fondness in your chest.

"Now who's cheesy" you said before moving away to settle on the couch, taking the controller to set up an episode of whatever anime was on Netflix to annoy her a bit.

"Still you, babe" she said, completely un phased by the tv as she settled in next to you to see the blush still evident on your cheeks.

And it wasn't anything grand, it wasn't splendid or exhilarating or thrilling.

It was just the two of you, settling into a new life with a blooming love that would test time without the threat of withering away.

And despite the worries and doubts, as you looked at Jennie two years later, laugh as she tried to push you away from the hose you held in hand with your wedding ring around her finger, you knew that nothing would ever make you regret being here.

Because even if It wasn't you, even if her choices derailed and moved away from you, your choices always lead to her, it was always her.

————////// ;-; /////—————

Wow, I can't believe it only took me like, many months to finally complete this. Thank you guys once again for sticking with me. It's been a ride and though it wasn't exactly what I wanted, I feel like it'll hold a special place in my heart.