Chapter Fifteen

Jenny runs downstairs to grab some more snacks. The happy smile on her face never falters when she leaves the room and it brings me joy to see my best friend so happy. But as I turn to look at Micah, I can see the dilemma in her eyes. It makes my heart ache to see such a down to earth person worry about something so serious.

"Why'd you agree?" I ask her, reaching out and touching her shoulder to get her attention. "You look like you very much don't want to play, so just why?"

Micah looks up at me, removing her eyes from the black, braided bracelet her mom had gotten her for her tenth birthday. She always wears it, though unnoticeable, it's one of her signatures. Micah reaching up and pushes her hair out of her face.

She shrugs, a smile slowly forming on her face. "Jenny wants answers. This is the way she'll get them, so I'll give them to her."

I furrow my eyebrows and mule over her words. So it wasn't only me who had noticed how mischievous Jenny had been. Micah had picked up on it too and it seems she took it upon herself to entertain Jenny's game.

Before I can say anything else, the door is pushed open more and Jenny walks in. Her arms ar full of goodies that I can only assume she bought earlier in the week for this. There's no way Angela would allow that many snacks in the house. At least not on a daily basis. Jenny drops the food onto the bed, the stuff falling into a plop. A bag of chips lands next to my leg and I pick it up to examine the type. Doritos, of course.

"Alright, let's play." Jenny hops onto the bed. Her knee lands on one of the bags and a pop is heard. We're all silent for a moment before we start laughing. "My bad, guys. But for real, let's play."

Micah and I share a look. I'm petrified by the possible outcome of all this. I don't know what'll happen, but I can only hope that it'll all just be lighthearted.

"I'll go first," Jenny offers, a small smile on her face. She turns to me and her smile softens. "Emie, truth or dare?"

"Uh," I clear my throat, shifting uncomfortably. "Truth?"

Truth or dare. The ultimate party game from what I've seen on tv or read in books. It's everyone's favorite so if Jenny is looking for answers, I can see why she chose it. You can never win in this game. People think truth will save them, bu really, you're just opening yourself to a more vulnerable position. Who knows how many secrets of yours will be told. Dare do nothing but humiliate you. People always feel as if they have to prove something by completing them, but no. You have a voice, let it be heard. I can't help but feeling like a hypocrite though, because I'm participating in this game I have no interest in.

"Oh, yay." Jenny claps sarcastically, rolling her eyes. "Fine, when are you and Sebastian finally going to christen the bedroom?"

My cheeks grow red but that doesn't stop me from giving her a deadpan look. "I don't know, Jenny. But what I do know is that you're seeming more and more obsessed with Sebastian and I's relationship."

Jenny rolls her eyes once again, the smile not leaving from her face. If I didn't know any better, I'd say she got her smile from the movie Truth or Dare, when their faces would become distorted. Of course, I choose not to mention that.

I turn to Micah. "Truth or dare?"

Micah looks up at the ceiling. She licks her lips before looking back at me. "Dare." She gives me a half smile. I nod my head, trying to ruffle through my thoughts for a proper dare.

"Oh!" I reach over her to grabs an unopened can on coke. It's cold and condensation has started on the outside of it. "I dare you to chug this whole can of soda."

"What the hell, Emie?" Jenny scoffs, shaking her head. "What kind of dare is that? I thought you'd make her call a teacher or something and flirt or whatever. Even run outside naked."