Chapter Thirty-Nine

"Hey!" Jenny and Greg come up to us, interrupting our dance. Greg's face was wet with sweat while Jenny's makeup was smeared.

"Hi," I greet back as Jenny and I grab onto each other's arms. Prom was still going strong, but some people had left.

"Greg and I are gonna go." She tells me, a small smile on her face. I glance over at Greg who's now engaged in a conversation with Sebastian.

I nod my head, knowing exactly how their night is going to end. I mean, prom is held in a hotel, I can imagine a lot of people will be having a good night. Well, if they've got the money to book a room at least.

"Yeah, yeah. We'll see you guys," I tell her, giving Jenny a wide smile. Without thinking, I throw my arms around my best friend.

When we pull away, Jenny gives me a confused look, a smile still on her face. "What was that for? I'll see you at school, Emie." She laughs, shaking her head.

I give her a shrug before playfully pushing her away. "Go have fun with your guy."

Jenny and Greg leave soon after that. Sebastian and I migrate back to each other, gluing our bodies to each other again. My arms lock around his neck as his hands rest on my wait. Half a year ago, if anyone would've told me that I'd be at prom with Sebastian, I'd have laughed. If anyone would've said that our relationship would have prospered and we'd have grown as people, I would've walked away. We've gone through so much together in the last year that I'm not sure I'll survive our inevitable separation.

"Hey," Sebastian whispers, pressing his forehead against mine. Even though a modern, upbeat song is playing, we're slow dancing, enjoying the feel of each others arms.

"Hi," I whisper back, smiling and looking into his eyes. I can remember years ago when we met and how these eyes had enraptured me. I'm still under their spell, a prisoner to their beauty.

"You wanna get out of here?" He asks, pulling back slightly to look at me. Biting my lip, I slowly nod my head.

Sebastian grabs my hand as we separate slightly. Our bodies are still close as we make our way to the wall of shoes. I bend down, grabbing my heels. Using Sebastian to balance myself, I strap my feet into the deathtraps. Standing straight, I give Sebastian a smile.

"Emie!" Someone shouts. I turn to see Micah making her way over to me with her date. When they had come in, they had immediately walked around, making a statement to everyone that they're there and they aren't leaving. I hadn't had a chance to talk to Micah at all.

"Hey, stranger. Long time, no see." I tease as she comes over. I give her a side hug before looking over her. "You both look great."

"Thanks, you know you look gorgeous." Micah compliments. She glances at her date and motions her forward. "This is Marissa. We met a while ago and we've kind of been seeing each other."

I stick my hand out, receiving a shake from the girl, Marissa. She has thick, red hair that's in their natural waves. Her mane is long, reaching to the small of her back. Marissa eyes are a pretty hazel color that are glinting in the light right now. She has sort of a baby face but she's tall, giving people no doubt that she's a woman. She's beautiful.

"Nice to meet you." I smile before turning back to Micah. "We're leaving. We'll see you later, okay? Have fun, enjoy your night, and don't get anyone pregnant." I wink, achieving a laugh from the two girls.

We part waves, Sebastian and I leaving while Micah and Marissa head to the dancefloor. Soon Ten and I are walking into his house, both of us kicking our shoes off, sighs of relief escaping us. For a moment, the two of us just stare at each other. All of a sudden, our lips are attached as we kiss ravenously.