Chapter Seventeen

My night is spent with a restless sleep. All I could think about was the surfer boy, Cody. He's the guy who Sebastian...cheated on me with. I feel like he's the one who made Sebastian fall out of love with me. I know that's not it, but I can't help feeling that way. He had to have been a bit of a factor in it. There's no doubt about that. None at all.

The next morning I'm a wreck. I had gotten about four and a half hours of sleep which honestly, won't help me get through the day. I can already feel myself getting irritated. Once I leave my bed, I'm smacked by a chill in the room, meaning my dad had turned the heater off sometime in the night. I'm very grateful to have carpet in my room and not hardwood. Making my way to my bathroom, my feel shuffling on the carpet. My body feels weighed down my fatigue.

Brushing my teeth and washing myself is a slow and long process. I feel as if I can only move one inch with each back and forth brush. I had freaked out when using the toilet since the porcelain was freezing, but I got through it. Getting dressed is a faster process since I was desperate to get out of the cold.

My thoughts had been so occupied by cody and Sebastian that I had failed to think about how I'd handle all these situations. Grabbing my backpack, I rush downstairs, knowing Sebastian will be waiting for me outside, but once I get down, his truck is nowhere to be seen. With a raised brow, I go to the kitchen and look for something to eat for breakfast.

Five minutes pass then ten. I check the time on my phone as I stand by the door, my foot tapping impatiently. I'm about to call him when I see his old beat up come towards my house. He pulls into the driveway slowly, the car going from side to side as it passes over the bump of the driveway.

Stepping outside, I see someone else in his car and I'm suddenly angry. Was he late because he was picking up someone else? I mean, it's not a big deal, but he could've called and told me. Not only that, but I am irritated with my lack of sleep last night.

Walking slowly towards the truck, I get a good look at the other passenger. My breath hitches in my throat when I see that it's the infamous Cody. Despite the irritation growing, I plaster a smile on my face as I pull the door open.

"Emie," Sebastian smiles widely as he looks over at me. "Sorry I'm late, Emie bear. I want you to meet someone. This is Cody, the guy I told you about."

I climb into the car and shut the door behind me. A certain green monster grows within me that this Cody guys is sitting next to my boyfriend and didn't even offer to move. But still, I give a small smile.

"We met." I speak, forcing my voice to be nice and not snappish.

Cody nods, confirming my words. "Yeah, she showed me to the office yesterday." He turns and looks at me. "Great to meet you, properly. I had no idea you were Emie."

I give a nod as he turns back to Sebastian. The two begin speaking, their conversation consisting of events that happened in Hawaii. Through the whole ride to school, I keep my gaze out the window. There's no point in joining the conversation. The two seem perfectly fine to talk with just each other.

We finally get to school and I'm the first out of the truck. I can't stand to be in their presence any longer. Making my way up the steps of the school, I feel a hand grab my arm. Yanking it away, I turn my head to see Sebastian. He has a frown on his face and his eyebrows are furrowed.

"Emie, what's wrong?" He asks. What gets me is that he seems completely genuine.

I give him a deadpan look, biting the side of my cheek to hold back my anger. "You're not serious."

His eyes widen as I say this. Sebastian's mouth pops open and he moves his head back slightly. "I don't..."

"I just had to sit through a car ride with you and your lover." I spit at him, not meaning to sound as harsh. "I'm your girlfriend."