paul #7 | diary entries

Tw: mentions of death

August 5th, 1958
Today I met the coolest person. They had a nice smile and were insanely funny!

September 13th, 1958
I saw y/n again! Honestly I think they're my best friend. Love them to bits

October 2nd, 1958
I think I'm in love with y/n. I don't know how I should go about telling her. Wish me luck diary.

You read those three paragraphs and brought a hand to your face. Paul McCartney, your first real friend had wrote them about you. They were dated 1958, one year before his accident.

Paul had been biking one day when a car hit him. The man speeded off without even seeing if he was alright. Sadly, he wasn't alright. A woman in her forties had found him laying by the gutter, dead.

Recalling these memories made you hysterically cry. You never knew he felt that way. You saw him in that light too. Forty years after his death and you just found out about this.

You slid down the wall reading more entries:

May 6th, 1959
I can't tell them. I can't. It would ruin everything for us. I love y/n so so much.

July 23rd, 1959
Even seeing them at school makes me want to kiss and hug them. I wish I had the guts to tell them.

October 3rd, 1959
The day he died:
I'm going to tell her. I'm gonna get dressed as sharply as I can and go. Wish my luck diary.

-

You cried even more after that last entry. He was going to tell you. He was going to love you but that man took it away from you and him. Took his whole life away. Paul was so young when he died, barely even made it to twenty.

Suddenly, you felt a wave of anger flood over you. You hated the man who did this. You couldn't stand knowing he still lived and not Paul. He didn't even have the empathy to see if he was breathing.

You got up and threw things around, crying even harder. You screamed "I love Paul" a few times, throwing stuff off desks. You threw the diary across the room. You picked up random things and chucked them anywhere you could.

Your husband heard you and rushed in; "Baby are you okay" he asked concerned. You looked over and cried even more. "You wouldn't understand" you said into his shirt. He embraced you as you cried.

He eventually picked you up and brought you to the bed. "Get some rest my love" he said kissing your forehead. You felt his weight shift and put his arm around you. You felt content but something was still missing.

That thing was Paul.