1

Arabella

"Enjoy your drink sir and please come again."

I smiled with brightness as the man waved me off continuing his oh so important phone call.

Ugh, rude much?

I looked back at the old fashioned clock that hung high on the wall and sighed.

"One more hour."

One more hour and I would finally be free again until tomorrow. I currently work at a small local coffee shop here in Maryland.  Although it is small, it gains a lot of attention because of my boss.

My boss is a handsome man named John Kim.

He's an Asian American citizen who opened this shop a few years ago

He's an Asian American citizen who opened this shop a few years ago.  Women flock down here just to catch a glimpse of Mr.Kim although he's hardly ever here. If only they knew about his true personality.

He's an inconsiderate prick that I only tolerate for the sake of this job. Besides babysitting on the side, this is my only source of fast cash.

"Arabella!" I jumped at the sudden outburst. Speaking of the devil himself...

"Yes sir?"

"I need you to close the cafe tonight" He stated fixing his tie.

"C-Close? But I was just about to clock out in exactly one hour."

"and now you're not. I have a hot date tonight and you're the only employee that I have."

"Yeah Because no one else could tolerate you."

"Ahh but you can which is why you're my favorite. Lock up at exactly nine. No later than.  Also make sure you sweep. See ya later sweet heart."

With that, he rushes out leaving me with a burden, that weighs a ton, on my shoulders.

"ugh that inconsiderate jerk."

I noticed that the shop was kinda empty with only three tables occupied out of ten. So I took this opportunity to pull my text book out and study by the register.

Being a part time worker was already a challenge itself but being a college student just added more stress.

As I was read up on my history, I felt my phone buzz. I looked around before pulling it out making sure no customers needed my assistance.

One New Message!

Jade: GUES WHATT?!

Me: What is it? I'm at work

Jade: This is way more important than work! Guess who's in town.

Me: Ugh if you say Eric, I'm gonna barf then proceed to block you