A Special Item They Pass On To You

A/N: hello! I'm back with another update, and I will hopefully do more ships as well if my brain allows it. I hope you all enjoy this, what with Endgame giving us such a heartbreak.. but here it is! Any requests for both ships and preferences are available hehe. Love you lots!

Bruce Banner:

Bruce was a very simple man, so there few prized possessions that he actually treasured. He had, however, given you his first ever lab coat and goggles, jokingly saying that you could either use it to study or use the coat as a substitute jacket at home. "Whichever you prefer", he had told you. 

"Thank you, Papa." You had said timidly, giving your father a tight hug as you did.

Tony Stark:

As you loved the Iron Man suit so much but was too young to wear one, Tony gave you a tiny replica of the Arc Reactor which he had made into a necklace (he had also asked Pepper's help, of course.) 

"Here you go, squirt... wear this, and you'll definitely be the real Iron Man." He winked, and you had laughed, kissing his cheek.

"Happy 3rd birthday, baby."

"Thank you, Daddy!"

Steve Rogers:

Steve, a few years after being thawed out from the ice, was given his mother's ring, one of the few things they had managed to salvage from Steve's old belongings and life in general. It was a miracle it had survived, Fury had said. 

When you were 16, he had decided to pass it on to you, telling you that you very much meant the world to him, a symbol of the said ring he had given... as it was one of the last things he had of his beloved mother.

"Thank you, Papa. I don't know what I did to deserve you."

"And I you, darling." He smiled, ruffling your hair playfully.

Natasha Romanoff:

Natasha wasn't all about sentimentality. After all, she lived in an environment where they were taught to abandon all sense of emotion. 

However, seeing you enter into S.H.I.E.L.D as well one day, she did decide to let her nostalgia flow. 

"Hey, I suggest you wear this." She smiled, holding up a small pin. You looked at her, curious and confused.

"What's this?" You were a little familiar with its design. It was a castle around a starry background. She smiled, and you swore you saw some tears in her eyes.

"The Buda Castle in Budapest. Clint decided to give it to me a few months after that mission in Budapest. It was the start of my life changing for the better. And as you're starting out as an agent, I think that'll be a good reminder for you to fight for what's right." She held your shoulder gently. You were shocked, utterly touched at the gesture. "Thank you so much, mom! But... but what did happen in Budapest?"

"That's a story for another day, kiddo."

Clint Barton: 

As you were Clint's child, it was natural for you to end up liking archery. You would practice everyday in the backyard, and Clint was always there to help you up and teach you.

One day, when you were 12, he had approached you, hiding something behind his back. "What's that, Dad?" 

"My first quiver, kiddo." He gave it to you, and your jaw dropped. It was beautiful, streaks of purple and black surrounding it.

"I... are you sure you want to give this to me, Dad-"

"Of course! You deserve it, and I'm sure you'll be as great as your Old Man." Clint winked, and you rolled your eyes playfully. "Oh don't worry Dad, I'll be better."