16

The next morning I woke up feeling dizzy, the light filtered through the window, my eyes swollen. My head hurted.

Fortunately, today there was no lessons, it was holiday, and everyone went to their families or went out with friends.

I didn't sleep much. Maybe two hours? I was in a bad state. Jungkook's voice echoed over and over in my head. His "I love you" was now engraved in my heart.

I didn't have the strength to get up, my body was protesting, as was my mind. I stay in my bed without moving for a while.

I feel my cell phone vibrate, making me snort on the pillow.
I pick up the phone and check the notification.

A sarcastic laugh escapes me as I read my father's message.

"Remember what you have to do"

Just that. Not even a "how are you", not even a greeting. This is the regard my father has for me. But it's still better than how my mother treats me.

My father forced me to push away Jungkook permanently from me. As cruel as possible. And if I wouldn't do it, he would punish Jungkook and Jackson with the consequences.

I was trapped, I had no way out. I was blackmailed by my own father. I probably should have destroyed him emotionally. I still don't know how.

Worse than before. More painful than before. He said I should have been hated by him. Not just using words like last time.

I get up from the bed and go to the bathroom, as soon as the reflection of my horrible face appears on the mirror, I get scared.

I throw myself in the shower. As I finish I go out and take the towel, wrapping it around my body, and one in my hair.

I see my phone light up.
I take it and see a message from Jungkook.

I take a deep breath, and open the message, reading it. He wanted to see me now, he said he was coming to my room, and he would destroy the door if I didn't open him...

Sigh.

I had an idea. A terrible idea.

I also send a message to Jackson, asking him if he can come to my room now. He answers immediately, saying he was coming.

I didn't know what I was going to do. I mean yes, I knew it. But I couldn't believe I was going to do it. I leave the towel on and pick up my damp hair at the top.

I felt horrible for having this idea.

I wait until I hear someone knocking on my door. I take another big breath and open the door.

It was Jackson, he remained startled for a moment when he saw that I was naked, with just a towel on.

《Ehm ... Should I come back later ...?》 He was blushing slightly, trying to look away from me.

《Don't worry, come in.》 I move and let him in. I leave the door slightly open.

《Why did you ask me to come here?》 He says scratching his neck, embarrassed.

He sits on my bed, ready to listen. I sit next to him, very close. I notice that he was a little agitated by my presence. That blush on his face hadn't passed.

《I wanted to...》 I put my hand on his lap《thank you.》

I hear him swallow, I look for his gaze, but he was avoiding mine.
With my index finger I turn his face to me. So that he looked at me.

《Really. Thank you for everything.》
I was sincere, I was grateful. He was close to me when I needed it the most, he saved me.

And what I was about to do was the worst way to show my gratitude, probably.