29

《But that ... is my dad's name.》
Jungkook was there, blocked in front of the office entrance, his eyes wide open.

《That's ... not possible.》 Y / n says in a weak voice. Her eyes move from her mother to Jungkook.

Me and Jungkook ... we have the same father?

Bang's face darkens, the air in the office becomes unbreathable, my legs become weak, too weak. My chest pounds.

Both pray that what they had just heard was not true, but only a nasty fake wickedness lie of Minjee.

《Yes, you have the same father.》 My mother stood there with her arms crossed, smiling. It's as if all this is pleasing to her.

My eyes fill with tears. I feel my throat tighten, not like when Hong tried to choke me. It was worse. Much worse.

My chest hurt. I couldn't move, my body didn't respond to me. My eyes stayed on Jungkook, he was as shocked as I was. Our eyes meet.

It's like lightning, I feal it travel along my body. I felt an indescribable pain in my heart, a pain I had never felt.

Now ... everything will change, right?

Why?

I saw tears running down his cheeks, he shook his head, as if he could deny this truth. I wanted to go to him, but I couldn't. I wanted to hug him, tell him that everything was just a bad, ugly nightmare. But it wasn't like that.

I hear my mom and Bang arguing in the background, yelling at each other. He is scolding her for the blunt way she said it. He said it was her fault. Because of my mom, we have to pay.

But I don't mind listening to the rest. In my mind, I see and only look at Jungkook. We are both immobile, unable to do anything. We just cry while we look at each other.

Everything becomes like a whisper around me, an annoying buzz. I could not bear this deafening silence that had arisen in my head. I run out the office, slamming the door.

Was it really happening?

I hear the door open again immediately after I go out, someone was following me, and I already imagined who it was.

《Y / n!》 I keep walking quickly, ignoring his calling voice.

《Aish- wait!》 Jungkook joins me and stops me by taking my hand.

I stay with my back to him, my eyes down, full of tears, clenched fists.
I couldn't look into his eyes. I didn't have the courage. It hurts too much.

《It can't end like this ...》his grip loosens, his voice hoarse.

《We have no choice ...》my voice broke.

《Y / n ...》 Jungkook takes my arm, pulling me towards him, but I free myself from his grasp, gently, he leaves me.

He stays still, doesn't try something else. I hear him cry in silence, his flat sobs mix with mine. We are so pathetic.

《... it's not fair.》

Yeah, it's not. He's right. It's not fair at all. But what isn't? My mother who kept all these secrets hidden for years? My father who poured his hatred for my mother on me?

Being in love with the wrong person? Falling in love ... is it wrong?
All the secrets I kept hidden from Jungkook? For what in the end? Finish this way? No, nothing was right.

I walk to my room, Jungkook says nothing. I leave him behind me, without turning around. Our journey ends here. Our broken love was not destined to bloom like a white rose. But it was destined to dry up, maintaining, however, its beauty. I will always carry the memory with me.