24

JUNGKOOK'S POV

Her body stiffens as soon as she understands it's me. Her throat moves, swallowing nervously.
Whispering my name, with a broken voice.

《You ...》 I approach her 《with these lips you whisper to me those words ...》 with my thumb I touch her lower lip 《and then with these same lips you let yourself be kissed by him ...》

I stare straight into her shining eyes.

She tries to say something, but I shut her with my thumb, still on her lips. I watch her as her big eyes penetrate my soul. With all my strength I refrain myself from kissing her again.

She takes my wrist, pulling it away from her face.
《Yes, those words ... were true.》

《Mh ... it's been more than two months since you asked me to "wait for you".》I say annoyed. She nods in understanding.

Y / n realized that Jungkook had not listened to her debut song. If he had even heard a sentence from the lyrics, he would have understood.

But she didn't know that Jungkook tried to avoid that song like it was the plague. He hid in the bathroom when she made her debut, that's how he felt about it.

He was afraid. Afraid of the effect that song would have on him. Fear that her voice would bewitch him.

《Jungkook, please.》 She took his hand《trust me, and wait for me.》she squeezes softly his hand.

Again with this sentence, Jungkook thought. The same one that she whispered to him the day they kissed.

He sighs 《okay.》he didn't know if he was doing the right thing. But his heart told him to trust her And now, he could no longer escape.

She smiles at him reassuringly.
She brings her face close to Jungkook's, and gives him a fleeting kiss, just long enough to feel the sensation of their lips.

She walks away from him, walking backwards, smiling happily, and goes away, leaving Jungkook alone in the middle of darkness and utter confusion.

But with the biggest smile he had ever had. He loved her. He was crazy about her. And probably, she never stopped loving him too.

[...]

Y / N'S POV

《You asked for me?》 I ask as I enter my father's office.

《Yes.》 He beckons me to sit down.

《You have visits.》

I look at him frowning 《who?》

He stays silent with his fingers linked under his chin. His gaze moves behind me.

《Hello, Y / n.》

My eyes widened, I immediately recognized the woman's voice.
I turn to the source of the voice 《Mother.》

《You have grown a lot.》

I stand up, approaching my mother.
《Well, you look older. Or is it the effect of the botox?》

She chuckles 《I see that your sharp tongue is always the same.》

《Come on, you're not at least bit happy to see me?》she asks, lifting only one side of her mouth, forming in one of her typical smirk.

I tighten my lips in a straight line. Without taking my eyes off the person who gave birth to me.

Because for me she was just that.
She who brought me into the world.
Yes, I didn't get along with any of my parents.

《Honestly, no.》 I say crossing my arms.