𝟐. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐚𝐬𝐭

AS SOON AS I AM BACK IN THE CULLEN HOUSE, I wish I could have stayed outside for a little longer. If I had any friends, I would have been with them, hanging out after school, doing homework, playing video games. Like a normal teenager. But I am not a teenager. I've been alive for almost twenty-five years. No one has to know that, of course.

You might be wondering - why am I in high school as a young adult? Shouldn't I be in University? Married? With children?

No such thing.

Let me tell you what happened.

Years ago, a young girl by the name of Isabella Swan moved to the rainy town of Forks, Washington. Her and I, we had been friends as children - playing and making mud pies together with my sisters, the twins Rachel and Rebecca.

Soon after our dearest Bella moved, she met a family full of vampires who did nothing but betray her. Okay, I exaggerated a little. But this girl, she was a magnet for trouble. You would think - wouldn't she want a calm life? Like all of us? She wanted only one thing - to be together forever with her lover - Edward Cullen.

And so for him to grant her the wish of immortality, she married him. She became a married woman. She even gave birth - to the sweetest little angel on earth. Renesmee. She needed no human name to exist. She was no human, alas she was no vampire either. She was a hybrid - inheriting both human and vampire traits at the same time. She grew faster than time.

My little Renesmee, she wasn't always the center of the universe. I wanted to kill her. I wanted her not to exist. Why? You're seriously asking why? Because she was hurting her own mother! Wouldn't you kill a demon? To save the only one you loved? That is right. I loved Bella. Until I saw Renesmee and our souls combined into one.

She was only a newborn baby. But her eyes held matureness.

Only two months after being alive, a wicked woman, who we thought was a family, betrayed us. She thought Renesmee was an abomination, that she could not exist.

The vampire police, also known as the Volturi, had to intervene. But they were no help, at all. Instead, they fought with us. Too many people died, including the traitor and the police. Seth and his sister, Leah, also died. Carlisle, the leader of the coven, and Jasper, the empath, also died. All because they wanted to protect a family member. They wanted justice. They wanted to tell the truth. That the little angel was as innocent as she looked like.

And my little Renesmee? Who I had to run far away with and to always protect us? She was gone. She disappeared from the face of the planet Earth.

For years, we searched. Every little corner, every back alley. We found nothing.

And now, all I feel is regret. Had I slowed down, she wouldn't have slipped from my back. She would be here, with us. Safe and sound.

All your fault, mongrel! All your fault!

YOU should have been the one that disappeared, not her!

YOU SHOULD NOT EXIST!!!