𝟏𝟏. 𝐖𝐡𝐨 𝐀𝐦 𝐈?

Kayla Armstrong

I can hardly breathe. I can feel the room becoming smaller and smaller. Everything becomes darker and darker. And when it becomes lighter again, I have opened my eyes and Jacob is waving his palm in front of my face. I can feel a wet towel on my forehead. It's cold and it feels so nice.

"I-I-I," I try to say that I want to get some fresh air. I need to process everything. It's too much for me to handle. Edward and Bella help me sit up and that is when I realize I've been laying on a bed in what seems to be a medical room.

"I-I need to go out," I mumble. There's no need to speak loudly or clearly. They're vampires. They can hear me, or so they claim. No wonder Edward hears thoughts. They're abnormal. And so am I... apparently.

My whole life feels fake. I feel fake.

Who am I? I've always wanted to find out. Funny how when I have just learned, all I want is to go back to the carefree days when I didn't know where I came from. Even the weird dreams I would have made sense now. They are my memories from my so-called "previous life". I should have looked deeper into them.

I want my old life back. And not the life I've to lead before supposedly falling off from Jacob's back. I can't believe it has happened only three months after my birth. It feels like I am stuck in a fictional story and I can't get out no matter how much I want to leave.

I want to cry. But I can't feel anything in my eyes. No burning, no tears building. Nothing.

Jacob wraps his arms around me and pulls me closer to him. It's strange knowing he has imprinted on me at birth. What does that mean for the future? I struggle to comprehend it. He says he can be anything I want him to be. But he should make his own choices. Magic shouldn't dictate his life. I suppose that's how things work when you're supernatural. I can't believe I am one too.