𝟏𝟑. 𝐖𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐍𝐨𝐰?

Kayla Armstrong

After what seems to be an hour of chatting away our worries and kissing, I look at my phone. It's already mid-afternoon and my family is probably getting worried.

I stand up and dust my jeans. "I gotta go," I sigh.

Jacob smiles at him and steals yet another kiss. It feels surreal. All of these revelations...

Just yesterday, I thought I was another adopted kid with no memory of their previous life. And today... I am a vampire-human hybrid with a special power that Jacob just adores it when I use it.

He presses my palm on his face one more time to enter my mind and I try to think of positive things only. I am still learning. I haven't used this ability in many years, according to him.

"You barely spoke when you were younger," he told me.

Of course, when I don't remember any of that, I struggle to reply... or to show him anything else.

At home, when I tell my mothers that I've found my biological parents (I leave out the supernatural part, of course), I can tell they're worried. They think I might leave them.

I have a choice. But I think it's obvious and logical what to do in my situation.

So I set up a dinner - to introduce my boyfriend anyways. I think it's fair. I met his (well, mine too). Time for him to meet mine.

My mothers are pleasantly surprised when they meet Jacob. And my siblings seem to like him. Especially my brother.

At dinner, we discuss pleasant for us topics as if we have known each other for years. It feels like the perfect time to share the news.

So, I stop eating and wait for everybody to focus on me. And when they finally do, I announce:

"I made a decision and...," I take a deep breath to ensure myself that I am fully ready for what I am about to reveal, "I am extremely grateful to be a part of this family. And while I found my biological parents, I want to stay here, with you."

Nobody dares to blink. Not even my younger sister.

"I feel like Kayla Armstrong more than I feel like Renesmee Cullen," I speak from my heart.

Everybody smiles. I swear, if they can, they will be shedding tears.