3. Way To Your Heart

Rafia and Ayesha were busy preparing a huge and special dinner. Alina was busy cleaning Sameera khan's room with the help of maid.

Since Sameera khan was visiting after long time everyone was very excited for her arrival.

"Are all these preparations for Mom?" Sahil asked whilst sniffing the tasty dishes laid on the kitchen's slab.

Ayesha swatted his hand away and again busied herself.

"Hey, why everybody is ignoring me?" He complained to Alina who just entered the kitchen after cleaning Sameera's room.

"Because Sameera phuppo(father's sister) is coming." She sang and poked her tongue at him.

"I guess these two ladies are way to busy." Sahil said to Alina pointing his index finger towards busy Rafia and Ayesha.

"Alina come let's go and play some game."Saying he dragged Alina with him ignoring her plea to at least let her and eat something .

"They will never grow."Rafia stated whilst shaking her head and Ayesha smiled at her.

___________________

He was in his cabin busy typing something when his father came inside after a knock.

He stood up respectfully whilst greeting him and guided him towards the large sofa at one of the corner of his cabin.

"Khizar I'm going home. Your Mumma called and informed me that Sameera is coming to stay."Sadaquat khan informed him, a smile making its way across his lips whilst mentioning his sister's visit.

" Baba, you don't worry. I will handle everything."He said to his father with assuring smile.

" I want you to come home early today."His father said and he nodded obediently.

Sadaquat khan was about to go when Khizar asked him.

" How long phuppo is gonna stay this time?" He asked his father softly.

"Untill Sahil's nikah."Sadaquat khan said whilst checking his wrist watch.

"Sahil's nikah?" His confused whisper made Sadaquat khan to look at him.

"Oh, I forgot to tell you. This time Sameera is coming for a purpose. She asked me before about it and I agreed on her proposal. Anyways, I couldn't be able to find better son in law than Sahil. He perfect for my daughter." Saying he stood up hurriedly and stepped out of his cabin muttering 'Rafia will kill me if I didn't reach home in fifteen minutes'.

Would it have been some other time he would have laughed on his father's statement but now a hurricane was going on inside hia brain and heart.

His beautiful steely grey eyes were filled with tears of loss, a loss which was costing his soul's peace.

He stood up with a jerk and washed his face before getting from his office building.

___________________

He was home after roaming aimlessly.

He met Sameera and retired to his room saying he has headache and he will not be present at the dinner with them.

Sameera noticed his cold welcome but thought that it might be because of his headache, whose intensity his red eyes showed clearly.

Ayesha noticed everything but kept quiet. She had never seen him so vulnerable and sick.

After dinner was served everyone had it quite heartily.

Rafia went to Khizar's room before dinner to check on him and found him sleeping so she returned without disturbing his sleep.