3. Unexpected Love

"Zara, I hope you leave behind your immature behavior and accept your husband wholeheartedly. I do not want to hear any complaints of yours."

She remembered Anjum Ahmad's farewell speech which had underlying strictness in it.

She couldn't believe that she was married and on top of that married with the man her elder sister had crush upon.

She remembered the conversation with Zoya.

" Do you know Zara, because of you I had to give up on my first love." Zoya had barked in her room when she heard about Zara's and Hammad's marriage.

"Aapi, what are you saying?" She asked oblivious of what Zoya was speaking about.

"I loved Hammad." Zoya said.

Zara didn't notice her saying 'loved'.

"Aapi, you can marry him now as well. I will try to convince our elders."She said and went near her and held Zoya's hand in hers.

" Zara, I loved him. But I can't accept him now. He is not what he was anymore. I can't bring myself to be the reason of laughs in front of my friends and family."Zoya said not minding how mean she sounded.

Zara wanted to ask her what type of love was that but refrained herself.

That was the day when she decided to accept Hammad with all her heart.

Before Zoya's confession she didn't believe Mrs. Ali's saying that nobody would marry her son but after hearing Zoya's opinion she had to believe her.

She was sitting in the living room of Hammad's apartment. Mr and Mrs Ali along with Hammad's relatives went to their respective homes after dinner.

"Zara." She heard Hammad calling her making her heart beat wildly. She gulped and breath deeply to calm herself.

"Zara." This time his voice was louder.

"Ye.... Yes." She stuttered.

"Come in the kitchen." He ordered her in his deep voice.

She stood up and moved towards the kitchen.

She stood on the threshold.

Hammad heard her footsteps and turned towards her while doing something on the kitchen slab.

"You didn't change? The right door from here is your room. Your trolley is there. Go change and then come back." He said when he saw her still wearing the heavy wedding dress.

She nodded and walked towards her designated room.

After twenty minutes she was in the kitchen again. Hammad was still there, sipping his coffee and scrolling his phone.

When he saw her, he gestured her to sit beside him. She complied confusingly.

When she keep seated there dumbly, Hammad looked up and saw the confusion floating in her eyes.

"Eat." He said again busied himself in his phone and coffee.

"But, I already ate." She stated.

"You didn't. You were too nervous around my family to eat." He stated busily.

She knew he was right but she was nervous around him as well, but not saying anything she started taking out biryani on her plate.

Whilst feeding her empty stomach, she kept occasionally glancing at him.

She was glad that he was able to walk now, his limping does not bothered her.

He was wearing white casual shirt and navy blue sweatpant.
Her eyes roamed around his face.
She was engrossed in his thick dark eyebrows, big black eyes, long eyelashes, prominent nose and...