6. Unexpected Love

"Hammad, why is she looking at me like that?" Zara asked whilst plopping down beside him on the grass.

They were in Lucknow on family tour. It was very good opportunity for Zara to know about Hammad’s family.

Everyone was nice and warm towards her except Hammad’s bade papa’s youngest daughter, Rumi.

"whom are you talking about?" He asked not exactly knowing, what she was talking about.

"Your favourite cousin, with whom you have been chatting and laughing through the whole ride." She dropped her sarcastic bomb at him.

"Astagfirullah(may Allah forgive me) Zara, I was just answering her questions." Hammad look horrified at her sudden attack of accusations.

"So you knew I was talking about Rumi but acted oblivious. How can you?" Zara was acting more childish from yesterday.

"I have some work, we will talk later." Hammad never liked to argue with her so he excused himself.

"If it was Rumi, you would have kept aside your work for her but since you don't like to talk to me it's fine with me, even I don't like to talk to you anymore." Zara stood up as well giving him her famous angry glare.

"What's wrong with you and why is this animosity with Rumi?" Hammad couldn't help but ask her.

"Oh, so now you feel like I've some animosity with your Rumi and you can't see her being hated by someone." Zara was hell angry today.

"For God sake Zara, I just wanted to the cause behind this ridiculous behavior of yours."Hammad was frustrated with her childish behavior.

"Okay, you wanted to know, so listen, I hate her because you liked her. " She came near him and looked into his eyes and said the truth.

She somehow overheard Asmara’s (Hammad’s phuppu’s only daughter) and Najis’s (Hammad's bada papa’s eldest daughter in law) conversation.

"What? Who told you?" Hammad was shocked to hear this from her.

"Isn't it the truth?" She glared him.

"Yes it is....." He said and walked away.

"Aaaaaa......" She sat there and scratched the grasses whilst trying to hold back her scream of frustration.

"Hammad Ali, I'll will kill this Rumi and you as well." She hissed under her breath and moved towards the gathering after calming her rage, where all the young generation were seated, busy talking with each other.

She witnessed Hammad sitting beside Rumi and laughing at something she said.

‘How dare he?’ She thought furiously and clenched her fists.

She so much wanted to shoot both of them but calming her rage she went towards them and stood in front of Rumi.

"Um…. Rumi aapi, I need to speak with Hammad about something very important. Can you please move a little?" She asked innocently blinking her eyes and Rumi nodded not having any option and move away from Hammad giving her space to sit.

Hammad bit his tongue to stop the threatening smile seeing his little wife all jealous and worked up.

Zara sat beside him, not forgetting to pinch his arm mercilessly.

Hammad held back his scream but didn't forget to bestow her  a deathly glare.

"Hello dear husband. How do you feel now?" Zara whispered in his ear.

He was amazed to see Zara. She was sometimes shy enough to not meet his eyes and sometimes bold enough to come so close to him without hesitating.

"Very much happy and loved." He answered her, gesturing her towards his arm where she pinched a while before.