15. Tangled threads

“Hello.” Asad answered the call.

“ Don't you want to save your sister and daughter in law. I'm waiting but make sure to speed up because I don't like to wait.” Durrani spoke , clearly very satisfied with the way he had upper hand on everything.

“If you really have guts to face us then come out of your rat hole.” Asad spoke while looking at every face present there respectively.

“ I'll send you address , but don't you dare to involve police or media in this matter.In that case ,you might lose these sparrow's life .” Asad heard his ominous voice followed by a faint 'leave us' .

“We will do as you say .” Asad hurriedly spoke and heard Durrani's proud “you better and don't forget to send the head of people's party.” before the call was cut and within few minutes he recieved the desired address.

Now it was time to act.

He looked towards his both son and they nodded before leaving the library.

“May Allah protect them.” Fakhira Begum started praying for the well being of her children whilst hamna was shaking like autumn leaves ,seeing her both son going in the lion's den.

         ****★****★****

“Baba, have you found out anything about mumma.” Ifza ran towards her father as soon as she saw him entering the house followed by Isra.

“Listen ,Ifza Isra  I need to go somewhere urgent to get your mumma and I can't leave you two here alone. ” Azam sat down on the sofa and said after gulping the glass of water Isra had extended towards him.

“Baba , we will come with you.” Ifza suggested. She was holding herself back from crying.
“You can't ,pack your bags . I will drop you to your dadu' s house.” Azam sternly said and marched towards his room.

He was way too much worried for his wife. He had searched her everywhere he could think of.

She might have gone to her baba's place but atleast she should have informed me. She has switched off her phone as well. I don't know what's the matter? She was never this careless.

Azam packed his small Duffle bag as well with his mind going haywire.

“Are you guys done?”He came out within few minutes and asked his daughters.

“Baba please let us go with you.” Ifza once again tried to convince her father and gestured Isra to support her as well but Isra being Isra stood there silently for the next order of her father.

“I don't want any argument now.” Azam snapped at her which was rare but he wasn't in the right state of his mind.
He held his hair frustratingly when he saw her eyes brimming with tears.

Pulling her for a hug ,he patted her head . “ Princess , trust your baba and do as I say.” He said wiping her tears and she nodded affermatively.

“That's like my princess .” He said pecking her head and did the same with Isra who was witnessing everything silently.

Soon enough they were heading towards sherwani mansion.

****★****★****

“We are here.” Zubair spoke and slowed the car pproaching the deserted old building , situated in the middle of nowhere.