29.Tangled Threads

"Eishal please, cheer up. I can't see you like this." After coming from Hadiya's baby shower Eishal was again in her shell grieving.

"I'm so happy for my little sister Uzair but the void I've doesn't let me be happy for myself. I don't want to but I find myself envying her. I'm such a bad sister. Even though I always prayed for her and wanted her to have all the happiness of this world and the world hereafter but now I'm scared, my empty eyes will make her think otherwise. The time I spend with her today, she has been attending me like a baby, always worried that something might upset me, unintentionally reminding me of my barren lap. My condition doesn't letting her be happy. I'm bad omen, for you, for her and... "

"Eishal stop with this nonsense. The doctor said we still have a chance." Uzair cut her hearing her depressing thoughts whilst see start sobbing helplessly.

He sighed and scooted near her.

"Eishal, do you believe that everything is planned by the Almighty?"He asked her, inter lacing his fingers with her.

She nodded tears streaming down her pale cheeks.

Her condition has made Uzair patient.

He wiped her tears and with a subtle movement of his head he gestured her not to cry anymore.

"That means you believe that what happened with us or what has been happening with us is also planned by Allah(SWT)?" He continued in a soft voice.

She nodded again, now her eyes fixed on his waiting for him to speak.

"Since it was all planned by Allah(SWT) the best of all planners, shouldn't we accept it wholeheartedly?" This time his question made her hitch on her breath.

She looked down, flicker of shame and fear swirling in her eyes.

"Nobody here has complete world. There's always something missing but that's the life." He reached for her chin and pulled her face towards him.

He saw her tears brimming eyes.

"I'm so ungrateful. Aren't I?"She mumbled, her lips wobbling in an attempt to hold back her sobs.

"No you are not." He said and pecked her forehead.

"I'm sorry." She whispered.

"I know Allah(SWT) is angry with me for being so ungrateful. That's the reason I'm not at peace." She helplessly spoke, looking at him for solution.

"Eishal, again you are being pessimistic. Don't you know, trials are for the one Allah loves. And if you really want to pass this test you have to accept your fate and try to stay happy with whatever you have because there are peoples who are not as lucky as you are." He pulled her in his embrace, not liking her vulnerable self.

"Am I lucky?" She asked childishly.

"Aren't you? You have one extremely handsome husband and that makes you the luckiest." After a long time he praised himself coming to his old zone and that made her laugh.

He moved back and saw her smiling with glistening eyes.

It's been long since he saw her smiling, the real smile which was brightening his soul and the scene took his breath away. He felt he was falling for her all over again.